Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
tsoifinBoth images in the download section have problems booting with android installed on the table. If you go to the thread labeled: "Bounty for Working Debian with Touchscreen Driver for the Eken m001" and go to page 18 post 174 and 176 you should find download links for v0.3 images (sometimes called V2 in the posts) which should boot a whole lot better with android. Also a little father along in the thread you will find a download for a "non-image" manual install method should the image method not work for you. Once you get it booting you may need to grab some stuff like touchcal and maybe rt3070sta.ko or rt2870sta.ko from android. I created my images with Linux so if you are using windows to create the images I will have to leave any farther help to the window's guys.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Rughalt;25413]Hi all!As there are a lot of problems when installing Debian onto SD card said:
Warning and disclaimer![/B] If you mess up with SD card numbers, you can overwrite some important files (like, for example a hard drive). Also, I take no responsibility for any damage these instructions may cause. Remember, read everything that appears on screen, and read it twice. These instructions worked for me, but the may not work for you.1. Prepare your SD CardA bit of warning - these instructions will delete first partition of your SD card, but prevent "Access denied" errors.
  • Run cmd as Administrator
  • Start "diskpart"
  • Write "list disk", and make note of your SD Card disk number
  • Write "select disk [your SD card number]"
  • Write "select partition 1"
  • Write "delete partition"
  • Write "exit"
2. Flash Debian imageCommand line wayFirst, you have to get flashnul from this site: http://shounen.ru/soft/flashnul/. Unpack it somewhere, and copy downloaded debian-m001 image into flashnul folder. Next, open cmd as Administrator and:
  • Navigate into "flashnul" directory created earlier
  • Write "flashnul -p -k", and write down you SD card number (not drive letter)
  • Write "flashnul [your SD card number] -P -k -L debian-m001"
  • Wait until flashing finishes
  • Viola!
Windows wayDownload this utility: http://dragonshorn.info/files/DebianInstall.zip, unpack it, and copy debian-m001 into unpacked directory. Run DebianInstall.exe as Administrator, select your SD Card and press Install.As this is initial version of the tool, it does not repair access denied error yet, but in future versions, it will. Also, no warranties and responsibilities, if you break something down.
Instruction should be:[*]Write "flashnul [your SD card number] -P -k -L debian-m001.img"And no:[*]Write "flashnul [your SD card number] -P -k -L debian-m001"Try that but cannot be used to unbrick a M001

·
Registered
205 Posts
jacob019;37991 said:
1. Copy touchcal over from android2. You can adjust the evdev settings in /etc/X11/xorg.confOption "InvertX" "Bool"Option "InvertY" "Bool"evdev documentation: EVDEV(4) manual page
I can boot debian withou trouble, except for the mirrored screen but everytime i make any changes to any files, debian gets halted at the boot and says that there's and incosistency in the file system.I'm making the changes from a slax distro, does anyone have a suggestion?i going pretty nuts here...Thanks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
[quote name='ykhaled;73099]Guys' date=' I got eken M006, you think it would work?[/QUOTE'] It has the same proccesor so in theory it should work, but i think you'll have to edit scriptcmd to match you tablet resolution.

·
Registered
10 Posts
[quote name='Kalle99;40926]Excuse me for my ignorance' date=' but where can i find debian v3 image?EDIT: found an image v0.3 is this the correct one, cause it doesnt boot [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/IMG] only the loading bar goes on fore ever.[/QUOTE'] Same to me, using image v0.3My SD Card got 2 partition, 33MB and the other about 900+ MBBoot screen only display loading bar running... and running... and running... and running...

·
Registered
13 Posts
[quote name='illyan;25658]Is there any notification as to when the DebianInstall.exe is finished? The progress bar goes all the way across but there isn't a popup or anything saying it's done.[/QUOTE]As far as I checked it' date=' there is none, and this images might take it's time.I'm using [URL=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12030782/win32diskimager-RELEASE-0.2-r23-win32.zip']this one[/URL] whenever I need to put some image on the stick. And it's released under GPL2 license, so should be good ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im a little confused I was going to setup a linux SDcard tonight. I'm wondering do I need to setup 2 partitions on my SDcard a swap and ext2 partition? I'm not using windows i'm using ubuntu

·
Registered
255 Posts
Windy;86474]Question: Can Fluxbox be installed as the window manager for debian or is it in the boot? Fluxbox flies and would be very nice on these M001 said:
It's a full Debian install so you can install anything you want. Once it's up and running' date=' you just apt-get remove xfce and replace it with fluxbox.
Windy;93980' said:
Im a little confused I was going to setup a linux SDcard tonight. I'm wondering do I need to setup 2 partitions on my SDcard a swap and ext2 partition? I'm not using windows i'm using ubuntu
IIRC you'll need three partitions: first partition should be FAT and contains the script/ directory with the kernel image and the "scriptcmd" u-boot script. Then the ext2 partition and the swap.If you get the full "Debian image" then you should be able to just write the whole thing to your SD card using dd (ie dd if=debian.img of=/dev/sdX bs=1M) . Then you can examine the partition layout and tweak it, extend the ext2 partition, etc, as required.Hth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, i'm glad to find out that debian can be put on epad.  I'm having trouble deleting the partition/volume on my sd card. I've tried diskpart and computer manager to delete volume.  The diskpart says that partition cannot be deleted from removable media.  And computer manager -> right click -> delete partition is blocked. Is there anything else i can do to delete the partition?

·
Registered
314 Posts
[quote author=enotar link=topic=3610.msg47235#msg47235 date=1283108654]
Rughalt;25413 said:
Hi all!
As there are a lot of problems when installing Debian onto SD card, I decided to compile a small guide.

Warning and disclaimer! If you mess up with SD card numbers, you can overwrite some important files (like, for example a hard drive). Also, I take no responsibility for any damage these instructions may cause. Remember, read everything that appears on screen, and read it twice. These instructions worked for me, but the may not work for you.

1. Prepare your SD Card
A bit of warning - these instructions will delete first partition of your SD card, but prevent "Access denied" errors.
  • Run cmd as Administrator
  • Start "diskpart"
  • Write "list disk", and make note of your SD Card disk number
  • Write "select disk [your SD card number]"
  • Write "select partition 1"
  • Write "delete partition"
  • Write "exit"

2. Flash Debian image
Command line way
First, you have to get flashnul from this site: http://shounen.ru/soft/flashnul/. Unpack it somewhere, and copy downloaded debian-m001 image into flashnul folder. Next, open cmd as Administrator and:
  • Navigate into "flashnul" directory created earlier
  • Write "flashnul -p -k", and write down you SD card number (not drive letter)
  • Write "flashnul [your SD card number] -P -k -L debian-m001"
  • Wait until flashing finishes
  • Viola!

Windows way
Download this utility: http://dragonshorn.info/files/DebianInstall.zip, unpack it, and copy debian-m001 into unpacked directory. Run DebianInstall.exe as Administrator, select your SD Card and press Install.

As this is initial version of the tool, it does not repair access denied error yet, but in future versions, it will. Also, no warranties and responsibilities, if you break something down.
Instruction should be:

[*]Write "flashnul [your SD card number] -P -k -L debian-m001.img"
And no:
[*]Write "flashnul [your SD card number] -P -k -L debian-m001"

Try that but cannot be used to unbrick a M001
[/quote]

I noticed the correction Enotar suggested hasn't been corrected yet. Also, if you have a disk partition program (I have Paragon Hard Disk Manager? 2010 Professional) you can do the "delete partition" in the 1. Prepare your SD Card section with that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi!

I'm using ubuntu and would like to test Debian on my Eken M001.
Could someone write a step-by-step tutorial, like this one, but starting from a Linux distro?
I red about the dd copy, but have not understand if must be created a swap partition, or not.

It should be cute if a linux pro user could write that down for all forum's n00b...

21 - 40 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.