Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
[quote author=Diegan link=topic=467.msg3905#msg3905 date=1275403916]Sorry, what do you mean? I am not much tech-saavy. Is it bad, that ARM11 chip? Worst than APAD?[/quote]The chipset is more powerful and should be faster, but the RAM is really going to make a big difference. I think it's supposed to do 1080p. But I'd wait for reviews rather than pre-order. Of importance is the reliability of Android 2.1, the power consumption of the device given its puny battery capacity (half of Apad). If they supplied it with a better battery, it is a better web browsing tablet than the Apad. For all your other needs, just get the Apad.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow... I hadn't noticed the lousy battery!But android 2.1 must be sweet.I really want mostly for watching videos and, first of all, watching comics in .jog and .pdf.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've asked merimobiles when the android version will be released and they say June 21
:D:DSo its about to come, now i wonder if i could buy the win ce version (cheaper) and later put the android ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, this is my first post I hope is helpful. A few days ago I bought the X10 in http://www.pandawill.com/x10-mid-tablet-pc-7-inch-wifi-ebook-office-1080p-gps-h264-2gb-hdmi-white_p36006.html, Dawa D7 identical, in terms of hardware the gadget is pretty well (considering the price), the screen responds well, good colors and sharpness, light weight, elegant design ... serious problem is the operating system, a real abomination, the Windows CE 6.0 is not particularly robust, but in addition the manufacturer has created a Flash front end that confuses the operating system restarts, sometimes does not save the settings and also prevents compatibility with other programs for Windows CE, for the moment I am unable to install anything. What works well is the GPS. In short, a good GPS that lets you watch movies, nothing more. I do not advise their purchase at the moment, at least until a proper operating system. I wish I could get Dawa D7 firmware, but according to the seller page, do not see that with the purchase submit a CD with the firmware.Better to spend a little more and ensure a good operating system, better buy the Dawa D7 with Android 2.1 than others with Windows CE and expect to find a good operating system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.