Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,I just got ported Darexius Firmware for m003.After flashing the touchscreen calibration is out of sync, but turning device in vertical position it is possible to crawl > settings > touchpanel calibration. After calibration everything prettymuch works. I haven't tested it fully. For base you need original (have not tested but it should work) or m003 1.7.2 upgrade. In the flashing lcd-settings are bypassed, so if there is m001 firmware flashed on device previously the lcd settings go wrong. First boot takes some time.And: I'm not responsible if you brick your device. Download here:READ ABOVE BEFORE FLASHING!Darexius Firmware for m003And: I'm not responsible if you brick your device.If someone gets that calibration fixed, please post it here!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the message. Yes I did the port. There was not much to do when the devices are so similar. Sorry about your charger, my charger quit allso. Bought new one from local hardware store.

·
Registered
339 Posts
this is always based on the 1.6? What's better than the original mounts that M003?

·
Registered
50 Posts
As far as porting....Did you compensate for the different batteries?Do the buttons still work as they should?And how does this affect the horizontal/vertical orientation? (1.7.2 update breaks it)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gs01rnb;7445 said:
As far as porting....Did you compensate for the different batteries?Do the buttons still work as they should?And how does this affect the horizontal/vertical orientation? (1.7.2 update breaks it)
For the battery compensation i'm not sure. Needs testing.Buttons work and orientation works, for home++ needs to be set on from the settings. Wifi also works. SDcard works, USB-port not tested.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i like Darexius and i am pleased that this thing runs a lot better then the official firmware, but i agree with jake, why not the slatedroid build? That one is super fast. I am not biting the hand that is feeding us by any means, just a question is all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote name='korun;7490]i like Darexius and i am pleased that this thing runs a lot better then the official firmware' date=' but i agree with jake, why not the slatedroid build? That one is super fast. I am not biting the hand that is feeding us by any means, just a question is all.[/QUOTE']I did not have any experience how custom firmwares run on m001. I choosed Darexius stable from download section and tryed to get it work on my m003. Next I will try Slatedroid build if it is better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
gs01rnb;7445 said:
I have notice that m001 and m003 they both calculate voltage. So software is ok, it can predict battery usage depending on the battery output.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Noticed that if you copy scriptcmd file on slatedroid custom firmware script folder rom works perfectly. Touch is out of sync again but the fix is same, vertigal position on device and recalibration. Not tested fully. And remember that I'm not responsible if you brick your device.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.