Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got this thing a few weeks ago and I'm totally frustrated with it.Finally got it to connect to my wifi but now it keeps freezing up and rebooting itself after I try to open anything. I can't seem to find any useful help online . It seems to be a generic w/camera The build number is 1.7.4Box says it has 1 gig memory but the tablet says 256mb in the "about device" section.Model number says genericFirmware : 1.6Kernel version 2.6.29.00236.g4f8dbbb-dirtyThe back of the tablet says Model No: LY - 706Is there anywhere I can get some detailed info on this thing? I am completely clueless and just want to use it for reading ebooks. Can I upgrade the Andriod version? If so, how and where can I get the info for that?Also, if anyone knows of some really nice apps for opening the following formats for ebooks I would be forever grateful! (.txt, .pdf, .lit, epub ) I have a ton of the .lit books I would like to read but no luck in finding a reader for that for the android, Microsoft Reader usually opens that format.Is there any place I can find a compatible car charger and usb cable for this as well?Any assistance or suggestions will be appreciated =)Thanks!EDIT: Photos as requested

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
For the ebook formats try Aldiko thats about the best for ebooks.Ebay my well be the best place to find your usb cable etc, try a search.

·
Registered
18 Posts
FOOT NOTE...OPEN OFFICE .ORG WILL SAVE THE BOOK INTO PDB IN SECONDS ITS FREE AND EASY TO DO....this is how i transferred all mine across...do you have a picture as this would help

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet thanks! Didn't know I could convert ebooks =) Still looking for a good .pdf reader, the one I did find a few weeks ago is crap =

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
On my Eken M001 I use doc2go for PDF reading, and its actually not bad at all even with large colour books.

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
[quote name='Roger Calver;51647]On my Eken M001 I use doc2go for PDF reading' date=' and its actually not bad at all even with large colour books.[/QUOTE'] +1 on that. I'm sure if you ask nicely, someone will rip it from a ROM for you - otherwise it's quite cheap to buy from Android Market

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So umm. When I open a .lit file in openoffice.org is it supposed to look like this?TOLITLS####(#######?###?#�[email protected]?#‡‰##?#WT`###############?####### ######˜####### #######x###############ˆ###################˜###????????######################### ######################,#######????????########################################################################CAOL####P############ ##########################ITSF#### #######?#######‡’jU ###?#######C##############?#�[email protected]?#‡‰##?#WT?#�[email protected]?# etc....?It's a microsoft format...wierd. I think I am cursed LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gibbleking;51765 said:
does it say anything when you click to open it.ie open as xxxxx or anything else?
Nope, just opened with all that jibberish, just DL'd calibre, gonna try that one next =) cross your fingers for me!

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
[quote name='cassandralynn35;51791]Looks like calibre is converting them' date=' now to get tablet to stop rebooting at will =Pthank you all =)[/QUOTE'] What firmware are you running ?, maybe it needs an update.And as I cant remember what tablet do you have ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It says 1.6 on the firmware. i would love to update/upgrade it but I see a lot of folks having issues with that so I am a bit hesitant. I want to make sure I get the right one for my tablet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts