Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got this thing a few weeks ago and I'm totally frustrated with it.Finally got it to connect to my wifi but now it keeps freezing up and rebooting itself after I try to open anything. I can't seem to find any useful help online . It seems to be a generic w/camera The build number is 1.7.4Box says it has 1 gig memory but the tablet says 256mb in the "about device" section.Model number says genericFirmware : 1.6Kernel version 2.6.29.00236.g4f8dbbb-dirtyThe back of the tablet says Model No: LY - 706Is there anywhere I can get some detailed info on this thing? I am completely clueless and just want to use it for reading ebooks. Can I upgrade the Andriod version? If so, how and where can I get the info for that?Also, if anyone knows of some really nice apps for opening the following formats for ebooks I would be forever grateful! (.txt, .pdf, .lit, epub ) I have a ton of the .lit books I would like to read but no luck in finding a reader for that for the android, Microsoft Reader usually opens that format.Is there any place I can find a compatible car charger and usb cable for this as well?Any assistance or suggestions will be appreciated =)Thanks!EDIT: Photos as requested

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
[quote name='Roger Calver;51647]On my Eken M001 I use doc2go for PDF reading' date=' and its actually not bad at all even with large colour books.[/QUOTE'] +1 on that. I'm sure if you ask nicely, someone will rip it from a ROM for you - otherwise it's quite cheap to buy from Android Market

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So umm. When I open a .lit file in openoffice.org is it supposed to look like this?TOLITLS####(#######?###?#�[email protected]?#‡‰##?#WT`###############?####### ######˜####### #######x###############ˆ###################˜###????????######################### ######################,#######????????########################################################################CAOL####P############ ##########################ITSF#### #######?#######‡’jU ###?#######C##############?#�[email protected]?#‡‰##?#WT?#�[email protected]?# etc....?It's a microsoft format...wierd. I think I am cursed LOL

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
[quote name='cassandralynn35;51791]Looks like calibre is converting them' date=' now to get tablet to stop rebooting at will =Pthank you all =)[/QUOTE'] What firmware are you running ?, maybe it needs an update.And as I cant remember what tablet do you have ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.