Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always had crap performance streaming youtube videos, but I thought it was congestion. But I started using fx file explorer and copying files from my pc to the tablet. That app shows the wifi speed, and it shows barely above 100kB/s. My phone shows mamy times that speed. It seems we may not have the possible performance that the chipset is capable of.

I wonder if anybody else will do the test and report speed, please?

·
Registered
47 Posts
By streaming if you mean your tablet stream videos to other devices like TVs I think almost every chinese tablet comes with this problem. I see post everywhere, complaining about streaming problems over wifi.

From the other hand if you mean that youtube videos buffers tooooo sloow and your videos are choppy...then change the youtube app. I had the same problem and by changing the apk the problem solved. I posted a tweaked youtube apk somewhere in this forums

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, this is purely about wifi network speed. The resultant youtube performance is poor but ultimately it is wifi speed. Did you test yours as I suggested?

What I am after, is someone with a good speed result, then we can use that ROMs wifi adapter files to fix everyone's.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can watch HD Youtube without buffering or Time to wait, my wifi Works great.
My Rom: Darkwater V2
Would you mind doing a speed.net test and posting the result? I have previously compared darkwater ROM with icoo 2012 and aside from just 3 files in /framework, the files were all identical. I would not expect any different results between these ROMs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
speed.net is not working for me.
I did a DSL-Speedtest with the Tablet and the results are:
Download: 12.828 kbit/s
Upload: 859 kbit/s

PC:
12.600 kbit/S
880 kbit/s

don't know why it's that slow today, normaly 15,6Mbit/S down and 1,0Mbit/s up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts