Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Edit: There is a new version of Jolocotroco's Cyanogenmod available at htcmania, CM 10.2 based on Android 4.3.1. Also a new CWM 6.0.4.4 with Swipe-function.

Okay, while Steve Mars seems to be busy with testing
I will take the favor to announce the new CyanogenMod 10.1 our spanish friends from htcmania published yesterday. I flashed it yesterday and it runs very well for a first release.

Downloads:
CyanogenMod 10.1 Build2 for Voyo A15
GoogleApps

Support-thread at htcmania.

This are the advantages compared to the original rom (and Inspiration):
- Display brightness can now decrease to lowest level
- Tablet-UI included (only one status line)
- Dalvik-cache is now located at the cache-partition, which gives more space on data-partition

Not working till now:
- camera

Installation:
Download and copy both archives to the CWM prepared sd-card (see other thread), boot from sd-card into CWM, wipe data / factory reset, flash CyanogenMod and Google Apps (install from sd-card), reboot.

As this Rom uses the original kernel, there are no speed improvements yet, but I think it is worth to take a look at. I'm very satisfied. Trabajo bueno!

Edit: Build2 available, I changed the download-link above.

Changes:
- Camera function fixed.
- Mount and mtp mass_storage storage.
- Constructed with new sources cm-10.1.3.
- Stable, clean and 100% functional.
- TabletUI, will be included as a patch, so we have two options.

Jolocotroco, thank you!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance. Newbie
Whats the difference between using CyanogenMod versus Inspiration? Do I need both? Just trying to figure out how to sort my Voyo when it arrives?

John

Okay, while Steve Mars seems to be busy with testing
I will take the favor to announce the new CyanogenMod 10.1 our spanish friends from htcmania published yesterday. I flashed it yesterday and it runs very well for a first release.

Downloads:
CyanogenMod 10.1 Build1 for Voyo A15
GoogleApps

Support-thread at htcmania.

This are the advantages compared to the original rom (and Inspiration):
- Display brightness can now decrease to lowest level
- Tablet-UI included (only one status line)
- Dalvik-cache is now located at the cache-partition, which gives more space on data-partition

Not working till now:
- camera

Installation:
Download and copy both archives to the CWM prepared sd-card (see other thread), boot from sd-card into CWM, wipe data / factory reset, flash CyanogenMod and Google Apps (install from sd-card), reboot.

As this Rom uses the original kernel, there are no speed improvements yet, but I think it is worth to take a look at. I'm very satisfied. Trabajo bueno!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Inspiration is based on the original Rom and CyanogenMod is the most popular custom rom in the android scene. You don't need both but you can try both.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Is there a reason I would chose Inspiration over CyanogneMod (or the other way round) Is there an advantage in being based on the original Rom?

oh - also - does this affect future upgrades from Voyo. Does this effectively replace any updates issued by Voyo or is that a separate layer (not sure if thats the correct terminology
)

Cheers

John

Inspiration is based on the original Rom and CyanogenMod is the most popular custom rom in the android scene. You don't need both but you can try both.

·
Registered
89 Posts
After one week with CyanogenMod I'm back to Inspiration 1.0, CM was to unstable (many hangs and reboots)...

The disadvantage of the original Rom are the many China-apps, which are deleted in Inspiration and CM. Another issue is that with the original update-procedure it is possible to brick your tablet. Although there is a method to bring it back to life, it is recommended to update with CWM Recovery (see other thread), and this is not possible with original Rom.

If Voyo releases an update you can expect some days later a new version of Inspiration based on this update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
looking forward to seeing CM10 on the voyo...

might wait for a later revision tho hehe

Thanks for the reply. Is there a reason I would chose Inspiration over CyanogneMod (or the other way round) Is there an advantage in being based on the original Rom?

oh - also - does this affect future upgrades from Voyo. Does this effectively replace any updates issued by Voyo or is that a separate layer (not sure if thats the correct terminology
)

Cheers

John
the original rom has quite a few issues...it only recognizes 1G of the ram...and the battery indicator jumps down very quickly at times
the Inspiration firmwares are based on the official Voyo ones, with modifications
CyanogenMod i have on my other tablet...its great, very customizable

good luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thx for the replies
My unit is on it's way from Spemall

looking forward to seeing CM10 on the voyo...

might wait for a later revision tho hehe

the original rom has quite a few issues...it only recognizes 1G of the ram...and the battery indicator jumps down very quickly at times
the Inspiration firmwares are based on the official Voyo ones, with modifications
CyanogenMod i have on my other tablet...its great, very customizable

good luck

·
Registered
220 Posts
Battery life is not good with this ROM with minimum brightness. I am having the same problem of going into deep sleep and waking only after pressing reset button like what I was having with inspiration 1.0...(always having a toothpick at hand for resetting)

Sent from my VOYO A15 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tried the CyanogenMod as described here.

As I wrote on another thread, was having a problem with Inspiration/Voyo's firmware in that I could not get a bluetooth keyboard to work. With CyanogenMod, keyboard pairs but cannot be used either (does not show as an keyboard under "Language & Input" in settings). I find it hard to believe that CM would not work with BT keyboards in general, so there must be something about the A15 that messes up the connection with HID or something else...

If anyone managed to get ANY bluetooth keyboard to work with the A15, I would appreciate it if you could reply to this and let me know which keyboard it was and which firmware.

Many thanks,

Clovis

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi, Clovis.
The BT keyboard functions is not implemented in Voyo´s kernel.
I had investigated veeeery much time about this, even I bought a Woxter BT keyboard for testing.
If Voyo don´t free kernel source code, it´s impossible.
And another thing in the same situacion it´s charge battery through USB. Neither of both it´s implemented in kernel.
Sorry, man.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Btw., I'm running the CM 10.2 with Occip's patched kernel about 3 weeks and I'm very satisfied. Very good work! Only the tablet-ui let my device crash/reboot often a day, so I am back to the original ui.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Btw., I'm running the CM 10.2 with Occip's patched kernel about 3 weeks and I'm very satisfied. Very good work! Only the tablet-ui let my device crash/reboot often a day, so I am back to the original ui.
What is your battery life and how you patch with Occip's kernel mod? Thanks.

Sent from my ZP950H using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I also thought CM 10.2 was almost perfec until I got a lot of reboots while gaming and occasionnaly with the AOSP browser. And I cant get XBMC to work well under cyanogenmod. I had to go back to Steve Mars' inspiration 1.0 modified with occip's kernel.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I found Inspiration 1.0 less stable than CM 10.2, but maybe this was an issue of the tablet-ui I used with Inspiration. At the moment I'm to lazy to try Inspiration again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts