Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to compile CM based on Quarx A10 source. So far I'm learning (I know almost nothing about ROM devel). Is it worth to continue? Anyone who could help?

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
I was able to compile CM based on Quarx A10 source. So far I'm learning (I know almost nothing about ROM devel). Is it worth to continue? Anyone who could help?
I would love a CM based ROM if available. ICS is pretty, but I'd prefer the snappyness of a good 2.3.4 ROM such as CM. I can't offer any help as I'm not "in the know" only encouragement.

smithmal

·
Registered
23 Posts
That is old project (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1378594). Fun_ abandoned it, because he hadn't time and Quarx started to work on it. So Quarx has the latest source code for allwiner (mostly for Novo 7). So it needs to be merged and configured to work on Onda.
I'm still trying, but I know a little about android ROM devel, so I'm still learning. And I don't have much time.

So far I have working ROM (but camera is not working and maybe HDMI).

·
Registered
339 Posts
That is old project (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1378594). Fun_ abandoned it, because he hadn't time and Quarx started to work on it. So Quarx has the latest source code for allwiner (mostly for Novo 7). So it needs to be merged and configured to work on Onda.
I'm still trying, but I know a little about android ROM devel, so I'm still learning. And I don't have much time.

So far I have working ROM (but camera is not working and maybe HDMI).
The bold part is interesting! I hope you get it fully working

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Spigot,

I could care less about the camera or HDMI issues with your current ROM. How is the responsiveness within the OS and when browsing. I'm still having issues with slow loading of web pages and force closes/wait with the browser and moving between apps. If your ROM is better than the current ICS build, I'd gladly take it for a spin.

smithmal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts