Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just thought I'd create 1 thread to discuss it in rather than having it spread across the kernel topic and the HannsTitan topic

For those of you who don't know, Paul @ MoDaCo is working the CyanogenMod member RC (arcee) to build CM 7.1 for the hannspad. He seems to be doing a quick job too with arcee's help on the gingerbread kernel.

Update: for such a good start there appears to have been no movement from Paul (or certainly no public development). From the builds I've managed to get booting it suffers the same problems as honeycomb; we really need our own kernel to get the gsensor working - other than that it works fine, if producing slightly lower quadrant scores than froyo.

Only download this knowing that it is not a perfect rom, it is released for people to test and build with

Test version of CM7: download link taken down to avoid confusion, see below

Every precaution has been taken but know that there is always the chance of bricking your tablet! You flash this knowing I take no responsibility for any damage done - although it is unlikely since it flashes and boots on mine

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Closest thing to a working CM7 rom we have right now thanks to ab73 and his work on Adam's kernel.

Completely vanilla CyanogenMod 7 rom with 2 exceptions:
DSPManager apk removed for now as it was causing FC's
vold.fstab modified to mount the sdcard to /sdcard rather than /emmc (sdcard2 should now mount to /emmc)

The installer script has been modified to include Koush's "AnyKernel" scripts and ab73's kernel will be installed automatically.

Google apps for cyanogenmod seem to work pretty badly with this just now... you have been warned

Download: http://blair.be/hannspad/devel/update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-hannspad.zip

Working
Wifi
Gsensors
Bluetooth
Storage
Riptide demo (ie, games appear to work fine)
Sound
All buttons working properly

Not working
CM7 Google Apps package

Running CM7 + Honeybread Alpha 4 theme

Click here for larger image

·
Registered
71 Posts
anyone been having a play with this?

i can't get it to boot so i was wondering if anyone had a booting version they wouldn't mind sharing?

(appreciate that bits may not work properly etc but would be nice to have a play)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just tried cm7 for gtab and ni adam

Adam had the expected gsensor and buttons problem but also internal storage wasn't recognized

The gtab one had non working gsensor and buttons but you could access the storage.

Overclocked to 1400mhz it gets 3100 in quadrant and stock 1000mhz it gets around 2500

·
Registered
71 Posts
i just had a go at swapping out the boot.img from the gtabcm7 for roceh's one for honeycomb.

didn't expect it to work and it didn't

if the gsensors were working on it i think it would be very useable as the tablet tweaks/on screen home, back and menu are included

·
Registered
307 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
that's a bugger

give us a shout you do give porting a try. would be happy to test things out

edit: i did track down the hannspree ceo's email address and send a speculative email asking for clarification on the board be it 1011 or 1007 and asking where i could download the source but funnily enaugh no reply

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hmm, you want the interesting news or even more interesting news?

I lied, they're both even more interesting.

The modded kernel from that thread is booting the Adam CM7 rom right now, i'll update once i'm in

Looking like both wifi and sdcard not working - wifi i can probably fix, storage not so much

·
Registered
59 Posts
CM tends not to work with non-CM kernels, try Beast for the Notion Ink Adam and the kernel posted here: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/20747-honeycomb-gsensors/page__p__217902#entry217902

I have no idea if the adam g sensor driver can be ported to CM but i'm going to give it a shot later in the week. Oh and this was compiled for the gtab
Hi,

I've compiled the Notion Ink Adam kernel with Wifi, BT, G-Sensor, USB debugging and USB mass storage working. I've got it on my Hannspad using Flashback 7.2 Rom. Seems to be working pretty good.

What's not working is:
the Light Sensor (does anyone know it's device id?)
The usual graphics hardware acceleration problems with gingerbread roms.

If you wish to give it a try it's in my DropBox folder.

ab_kernel2.zip

I would love any feedback...

Cheers,

AB

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nice first post
trying it now

Flashback's honeycomb, if it works on gingerbread hardware accel. might well be working.

Same issue on adam CM7, no wifi and no sdcard mounted, trying on 1002 cm7

Trying to select wireless settings in gtablet cm7 causes the settings to FC, but mass storage is working and sd card is mounted

You should post up a release thread in rom development if honeycomb is working as well as you say - a lot of people will be very grateful to you

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice first post
trying it now

Flashback's honeycomb, if it works on gingerbread hardware accel. might well be working.

Same issue on adam CM7, no wifi and no sdcard mounted, trying on 1002 cm7

Trying to select wireless settings in gtablet cm7 causes the settings to FC, but mass storage is working and sd card is mounted
I had to move all of the modules stored in /system/lib/modules to the sdcard (mainly as a backup) and then install the kernel so that it gets the correct bcm4329.ko driver for wifi.
The reason i had to move them to the sdcard is that my /system partition was full and it didn't allow the update to copy over the existing drivers.

what ROM are you using and i'll give it a go at my end?

Cheers,

AB

·
Registered
307 Posts
http://blair.be/hannspad/devel/cm7-smb_a1002.zip

That's the gtab build - probably more useful to get working than adam since there isn't an official repo for it

edit - just to say i'm signing off for the night, so no major rush but it's unbelievably nice to have someone with knowledge of kernels actively working on the hannspad too

·
Registered
71 Posts
hi ab73

just gonna give your kernel a whirl with flashback and will give some feedback as i use it.

cheers for sharing and to echo alpha's comments nice to see someone who knows about kernels chipping in

if i can find out the device id of the light sensor i'll drop you a pm

1 - 20 of 164 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.