Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
CyanogenMod 10.1 for RK31xx tablets by CrewRKTablets.

This OP will be updated as new builds are developed.

Latest Build: CM10.1 Beta build 1.3.1

XDA Thread and DL link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=46827011&postcount=849

Notes:
some minor improvements:
- updated gapps (Play Store v4.4.21, Google Play Store Services v3.2.66)
- orientation game apps
- orientation HDMI out
- contents in Book- and PDF-Reader
- bluetooth audio out (hopefully, can't test that)
- tethering & mobile hotspot (experimental)

NAND_Fix patch DL link

Add HDMI-Settings to CM10.1 v1.3.1 patch

Add "CRT effect" patch.

hints:
- enable development options > tap 5 times on build number
- higher performance > disable animation scales in developer options
- control Play-Store > disable auto-updates
- battery drain > set keep wi-fi on during sleep to never
- full access to the build > enable /system rw in File Manager HD
- load kernel modules > enable init.d ON in Pimp my Rom (reboot)
- don't show su notifications > disable in Superuser

Install Notes:
If you are installing this ROM from a non-CM environment, you will need to perform a "wipe cache/factory reset" in CWM. Otherwise you will have performance issues. Do this before installing NAND_fix patch in CWM.

Thanks again CrewRKTablets for their great work in developing and supporting this ROM. Your work and dedication are very much appreciated by the SD community.

smithmal

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Downloaded and installed this ROM. No issues with the install by following Oma's instructions.

Preliminary notes:

1. As mentioned in the instructions, the rotation is not currently working correctly. Oma's ROM includes the app "Rotate." You will need to pick a orientation. If deciding upon Landscape, for the v88 you will need to choose "Reverse Landscape."

2. Had issues restoring apps using TB. Research indicates that USB debugging should be turned on when restoring apps/system data using TB. EDIT: DO NOT RESTORE USER DATA OR YOU WILL END UP IN A LOADING SCREEN LOOP AND NEED TO RE-INSTALL ROM.

3. Phone service are present by default with ROM. Still looking into how to disable or remove to increase battery performance.

4. Speaking of battery performance, battery usage works with this ROM

5. USB Storage mount option not available therefore unable to mount external/internal SD card

ROM seems very snappy and am very excited to have a CM port for the v88.

smithmal

·
Registered
30 Posts
Downloaded and installed this ROM. No issues with the install by following Oma's instructions.

Preliminary notes:

1. As mentioned in the instructions, the rotation is not currently working correctly. Oma's ROM includes the app "Rotate." You will need to pick a orientation. If deciding upon Landscape, for the v88 you will need to choose "Reverse Landscape."

2. Had issues restoring apps using TB. Research indicates that USB debugging should be turned on when restoring apps/system data using TB

3. Phone service are present by default with ROM. Still looking into how to disable or remove to increase battery performance.

4. Speaking of battery performance, battery usage works with this ROM

5. USB Storage mount option not available therefore unable to mount external/internal SD card

ROM seems very snappy and am very excited to have a CM port for the v88.

smithmal
Very interesting news and great report on usability! CM10 for V88, who could have guessed!
Seems to be in early stage still so I'll hold off from installing for now. My V88 came with latest stock ROM and works perfectly and fast so I'll keep it as it is for the time being. But when g-sensor support and USB Storage is fixed, I'll definitly reconsider.

·
Registered
21 Posts
@smithmal

Is it easily possible for you or someone else to mirror the CM and formatNand files with a fast dropbox or googledrive?
I would do but have a very slow asynchronus internet connection, so it really would take hours to upload it.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has CyanogenMod 10.1 for Chuwi V88?
ezequielbsb,

Yes, see the OP. This CM 10.1 for the v88 works. Its has some bugs though (see info in thread). Oma is not really supporting it so I would suggest you use his Oma Rocks ROM instead.

smithmal

·
Registered
38 Posts
I could not install the CM10.1 Alpha 3 ...
How is the installation process?
A message written "MSC" and error ...
Sorry my english

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New Alpha build (#4) out for Oma's CM10.1. Fixes include newest kernel added (bob#160) and now BT is working (woo-hoo!!).

See OP for thread and DL links.

smithmal

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oma has now released a Beta build of this ROM. CM now works with auto-rotation fixed.

smithmal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Installed version 1.3, I've a problem with the internal storage.
There is no space left and it's not possible to install any app due to the lack of space.
I've flashed it 2 times, same problem. SD card and external SD card are ok.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Installed version 1.3, I've a problem with the internal storage.
There is no space left and it's not possible to install any app due to the lack of space.
I've flashed it 2 times, same problem. SD card and external SD card are ok.
This error is occurring b/c your flashing CM on top of a previous non-CM ROM. To fix this, boot into CWM (Shutdown and then hold Volume + and the Power button to boot into CWM). Perform a factory reset and then boot back into your tablet's OS. Give it a bit to re-install CM and then you should be good to go.

Also, make sure you flash the CM NAND_fix patch in CWM that Oma associated with this release.

smithmal

1 - 20 of 25 Posts