Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was told to try attaching (by soldering) an external aerial from an old router to improve WiFi. I very much doubt there'll be any more mods and certainly no more firmware - not enough memory and too low spec' otherwise. I've given up with mine and tossed it into the back of a drawer for now, replaced it with a full on media streaming device and use my tablet for Internet. MUCH better, no lag, no freezing, no dropouts. End of my involvement with the CX-01.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. I have one of these devices and I believe it has a custom firmware (perhaps one of yours) straight from the vendor. Problem is it has some type of ad block baked in but otherwise is great (runs everything). The ad block causes problems / does not work correctly. Is there an android service I could disable to stop the ad block? If I can avoid all the work of reflashing I'd be happy to stick with this rom. Thanks

A little more info: what I'm thinking is an ad block is not the everyday Hosts file way. Rather when ads run a second window opens for them to play in while the entertainment program in question immediates continues to the next post commercial section. So far it happens in Hulu and Pandora. If it is an anti ad program, as I'm speculating, it means to open the second window and turn down the volume for it so that the ads play while the main window goes on with the program or next song. But it doesn't work so Hulu glitches and pandora plays the commercial along with the next song.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
so you says the tv stik is based on cx-01 firmware i have the same tv stik from geeks website its still 4.0.4 im also looking for custom rom to enable usb webcam and add bluetooth support
I bought the TVStik from the Geek.com (http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ANDROID-TV-STIK). I have since updated the ROM to the one mentioned earlier in this thread (version V1.0-4096-8189_en). The OS in the new ROM is the same as the one the TVStik came with (4.0.4) but the ROM itself is a older version. I would like to go back to the ROM that the device came with. Would anyone happen to have this ROM available?
I flashed the ROM to be able to root the device but turns out that this ROM is also not rooted. I would like to install VNC server on my device but no luck so far.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i solved the wifi problem by adding 2nd wifi base in another room and it worked
I was told to try attaching (by soldering) an external aerial from an old router to improve WiFi. I very much doubt there'll be any more mods and certainly no more firmware - not enough memory and too low spec' otherwise. I've given up with mine and tossed it into the back of a drawer for now, replaced it with a full on media streaming device and use my tablet for Internet. MUCH better, no lag, no freezing, no dropouts. End of my involvement with the CX-01.

·
Registered
7 Posts
file at 4shared doesnt exist
ALWAYS DO BACK UP OF YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE INSTALLING ANY PATCH (BETA SCRIPT)

ok here it is the Tatubias tweak 0.4 beta for the CX-01 device.

Tweak patch. for rom version - CX1-V1.0-v12.05_r1-4096-8189-en

1 - Stable Android Market.

2 - build.prop Tweaks.
* Full Market.
* Improve touch responsiveness through Hardware Rendering.
* GPU try to handle User interface.
* Some other video performances added.
* Max events UI can handle in 1s set to 240.
* Increase "touch" responsiveness.
* Dalvik Tweak updated Values 15 August.
* Screen Wide fix (images used to get out from the tv screen from the side (fixed)).
* Other little tweaks.
* Enhance JPG Quality.
* Interface Set to English.
* Disable logcat - Android Logger.
* Disable Extended JNI Checks.
* Improve performance in video playback and streaming.
* Added Googles DNS.
* Improve Scrolling Responsiveness.
* Bootanimation added.

3 - Ads Block.
4 - "Google blocking apps writing to SD cards" (fix).
5 - Installs any apk that is inside the apk directory (dont put apks with Spaces in their name edit them first).
6 - Instalation menu options and updates.
7 - Dalvik cache Cleaning.
8 - Framwork tweak (mouse pointer Resize 50% smaller Than original).

Download:http://please use an alternate file host/zip/hN0TUXhc/CX-01_Tatubias_Tweak_Fix_04.html

How to install:

1 - Root the cx-01
2 - un compress the cx-01CX-01 Tatubias Tweak Fix 0.4
3 - copy any apk that you want to auto install alone into the apk directory
4 - connect the cx-01 to the PC and wait some minutes until is finished to boot.
5 - run the patch.bat file
6 - reboot

That´s all

·
Registered
2 Posts
I want to flash my android tv box rom with any light wieght linux like puppy linux (fat dog). Box rom size is 1GB and internal sd card size 3GB approx. Borad processor model is telechips tcc8920st. Please suggest me what to do? and how to do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everybody!

Im new here so I cant open a new topic with my question nor can I send PMs to senior members with wider knowledge. Hence I have to ask my question here.

Is there a way to reset this little guy because the last time it was used on a fulll-hd TV set and now I took it with me to study abroad and the lcd I've got here cant display 1080p and all I get is "Out of scan range". Full hardware reset or maybe reset just the resolution via direct access to system files via usb to PC? Any ideas?

Otherwise its a great piece of tech for those 50$ I got it for. I use it primarelly as *Kough*romecast lookalike :)

Regards

Filip

41 - 50 of 50 Posts