Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well, I jumped onto the train, because this is a good way to get the best out of my tablet. Thanks for your effort, which is worth some €...
Thank you very much for your support

Currently I'm very busy with AOKP writing Android low-level driver wrappers for various hardware (the MTK6620 is really a mess with source code not upgraded since Gingerbread), that's why you don't see me much here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you very much for your support

Currently I'm very busy with AOKP writing Android low-level driver wrappers for various hardware (the MTK6620 is really a mess with source code not upgraded since Gingerbread), that's why you don't see me much here.
Have you checked the sources in the Insignal repo (http://git.insignal.co.kr/insignal/android/platform/hardware/mtk/mt6620/) ?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Have you checked the sources in the Insignal repo (http://git.insignal.co.kr/insignal/android/platform/hardware/mtk/mt6620/) ?
Yes, I've already cleaned them up for the t7s and uploaded to my github account.

AOKP Build log 22-Sep-2013:
AOKP jb-mr1 builds cleanly every time now, but the device does not boot. It's been a long 5-day brainstorming fixing things on Exynos4 hal because none of the available sources (Insignal, Hardkernel and CyanogenMod) compile cleanly. The best thing is that the only blob requirements (i.e closed-source drivers) are for the Touch, Accel, MTK6620 and Mali, everything else (believe me they are A LOT) builds fine from open-source drivers

The reason the system does not boot might be the init scripts. I do not see anything wrong with them but they do need some clean-up.
The problem is that jb-mr2, CM10.2 and AOSP 4.3 all of them require a SELinux enabled kernel and this means that we cannot go - in the future - further unless we create our own kernel.
This means that code published on my github is only compatible with jb-mr1, do not sync with jb-mr2 or you'll have SELinux enforced and things get pretty bad (even CWM does not work).

Regarding the development board: Mixtile Garage is the board to buy because - after studying it's schematics - is more close to the UrBetter board (the memory layout is almost identical to the T7 one, sans the LCD display). I am waiting for them to answer regarding shipping the board to Greece (Hardkernel required to dispatch the board via EMS with full price and importing it to Greece would cost almost another board, so I've cancelled it) in order to order it.

@Steals: since you are a member of 4pda.ru, do you think you can contact the person there who helped obtain the UrBetter source for Dropad A8 (see an earlier post which provides the link)?
I've already contacted "Hyundai" for it, but the only response I've got so far was from their autoresponding system on [email protected] to send my request to [email protected] (Toptech Technology) which I did and expect an answer.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
AOKP Build log 25-Sep-2013

T7s boots to AOKP screen now (not the AOKP desktop) with full hardware acceleration (according to dmesg), ADB, mass storage and all kernel modules (MTK 6620, touch, battery) loaded.
I suspect that /sdcard (the internal SD) is not getting mounted and this is the reason the desktop does not appear.

In any case, we are getting closer and closer.
Using UrBetter ICS 20130318 kernel.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Unfortunately things are more serious.
After fixing the boot mount issues, gralloc (Graphics Allocator) fails to allocate memory for the desktop and this is the reason the device hangs.
It all goes back of not having a JB kernel to boot from (the official one is not even JB enabled, that's why it has issues) which brings me back to compile a new kernel.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Frontier,

So what is the next step, or is there one at this time? Hoping there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
See also here

I had to scrap all the work I've done with the ICS kernel, because even if it boots, it's incompatible with AOKP/JB mr1 and this leads to zygote crashing (among with hwcomposer).

I'm trying to port AOKP to use the kernel shipped with the official JB T7s ROM.

The complete lack of source code makes things difficult - if not impossible - because critical parts of the system (PWM, LVDS and LCD) use custom parts without official Linux kernel support.

Edit: Discussion about AOKP (with source code) will continue here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, how can I check which ROM I flashed? I can flash recovery but I can not go inside. I hold the buttons very long but I see only the logo.

About Tablet:
Kernel 3.5.0-rc6
Built: full_smdk4412-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng utsw1.20130805.182047 test-keys

I want the recovery to Backup and Restore

Can you suggest me another Room which will work with my T9? (please with link). If my rom is not an ICS-ROM

ps
I used "online Nandroid". There is no Hyundai T7. Have sombody used this app and can tell me if the restore will work? I Used onsy "Quickbackup" and the Backup would be done.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Hi, how can I check which ROM I flashed? I can flash recovery but I can not go inside. I hold the buttons very long but I see only the logo.

About Tablet:
Kernel 3.5.0-rc6
Built: full_smdk4412-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng utsw1.20130805.182047 test-keys

I want the recovery to Backup and Restore

Can you suggest me another Room which will work with my T9? (please with link). If my rom is not an ICS-ROM

ps
I used "online Nandroid". There is no Hyundai T7. Have sombody used this app and can tell me if the restore will work? I Used onsy "Quickbackup" and the Backup would be done.
You have a 3.5 kernel so you are running the official jb.
Downgrade to ICS using the latest official firmware for your tablet. You can find all available ROMs on this forum (there is a thread available listing all firmware files with download links).

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Ok let me be clear this only works for Ice cream sandwich? Did I mess mine up because I tried it on jelly bean?
This recovery works only on ICS ROMs.
JB ROMs do not have support for recovery at all (at least not via a ramdisk image as ICS do).

·
Registered
33 Posts
@Frontier: Does the kernel build is different between T7/T7s <-> T10 images? I wonder if it is possible to make an T7s ICS ROM with the kernel from a T10 image. Our build is from around 0308 and the T10's ICS build is from 0530: http://vondroid.com/threads/hyundai-t10-official-firmware-4-0-4-30-05-2013.12309/

I would expect from Chinese, they supplied the same kind of kernel for T10 also, but it is maybe better if it is a later build.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
@Frontier: Does the kernel build is different between T7/T7s <-> T10 images? I wonder if it is possible to make an T7s ICS ROM with the kernel from a T10 image. Our build is from around 0308 and the T10's ICS build is from 0530: http://vondroid.com/threads/hyundai-t10-official-firmware-4-0-4-30-05-2013.12309/

I would expect from Chinese, they supplied the same kind of kernel for T10 also, but it is maybe better if it is a later build.
I am afraid we cannot exchange kernels: my T7s does not boot using the latest T10 ICS ROM.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thank you for this CWM! I accidentally hit Recovery Menu on my tablet (from Power Toggles shutdown menu I was using) twice now, and like you said, on these tablets it goes straight to resetting it, no menu. This will save me so much time if I ever accidentally hit that button again. Installed and backed up. Thanks again! xD

·
Banned
54 Posts
Hi. So follwing my thread on the xposed mod, I think it would be a safe precaution to install CWM so I could do a nandroid backup in case it goes wrong. But again I am scared lol!!! Is there a chance this could brick it? Also when u mean unpack, does this mean extract. Soory for the noob questions !

61 - 80 of 88 Posts