Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a work in progress....but I have successfully altered the applications that are initially installed with the new firmware.It's really quite easy.1. get 7-zip 2. Open the script folder in windows explorer3. open the data archive with 7-zip4. open the data.tar archive with 7-zip (yes, another level)5. it will look empty. go up one level (doubleclick on the little folder)6. open the app folderThese are the apps that are initially installed7. remove the crap8. drop in any apks you want installed9. press the Up folder to go up a level do this a couple more timesYou will get a message saying "this has been altered...do you want to...." YES YOU DO!after you get this message...you are done building your new script folder.drop it into the sd card and do your normal firmware update.You will see little boxes on the home screen for the apps you removed ... just delete them.there you go....

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
[quote author=KingDani link=topic=48.msg358#msg358 date=1273865305]Is there any chance we could do this in mac OS as well?I'm refering to the zip progrm not being avilable in mac[/quote]Check out AlternativeTo.Net - you can find alternatives to most applications for your platform.The link provided lists several alternatives for Mac so you should be able to open up the package no problems.

·
Registered
65 Posts
[quote author=KingDani link=topic=48.msg358#msg358 date=1273865305]Is there any chance we could do this in mac OS as well?I'm refering to the zip progrm not being avilable in mac[/quote]If not another option is running Ubuntu in virtual Machine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Matt,Your method is not complete and you stop half way. Add the the following steps to your instruction:-You also need to remove the corresponding conf. directory from /data/data for the removed app. -Also you need to remove the corresponding dex file from /data/dalvik folder...-Then to clean-up the icon on the desktop, install this application on y http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/your pc and open /data/data/com.andriod.launcher/datatbases/launcher.db and remove the icon link.thanks,

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Zip,feel free to post your "Complete Custom Program Instructions" ... or whatever else you want to call it.I don't feel comfortable putting in things I haven't tried. I have no problem with someone else adding to my work and taking the credit. I'm just here to help.....as I'm sure you are.So "you go....boy" :
Go to town...start a new thread with better info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.