Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought my tablet from them on June 21, paying for the express shipping. Two weeks later (express?!), it arrives.About 5 days later, I'd been charging the tablet overnight, trying it out as a clock. Come the a.m., I unplug it to go downstairs and realize part of the charger stayed in the plug. Thinking maybe it was a fluke, I try to make it work but give up as it's less and less able to maintain a connection to charge.I contacted [email protected] and "Philip" from Montreal writes that they'll ship me a new on free of charge. Yay. It arrived today, two weeks later.I merrily plug charger to the wall and then the charger to the tablet. A one-second fanfare of colours burst from the screen and the LED charger goes into a seizure. I unplug the charger. I fix PCs and am pretty familiar with the 'burnt sugar' smell of a burned-out power supply. The tablet has that same smell now.I looked at the charger: 9V. I looked at the original: 5V. Great.I called them ... voicemail again. I emailed and faxed. Four hours later I get this:
Hi Xander please ship back the product to us, all we are asking is once you ship it please inform us and we will ship back to you a new device right away, ive wrote the shipping back information below...Once the package is receive we will repair or replace the product and send it back to you, repairing takes approximately 1-2weeks. We will than send it back to you at our cost and inform you of the shipment tracking number."
So, after already paying them extra once for 'express' shipping, they want me to pay again to ship it back to China for something that they caused. I fired off an email....===============================Okay, I'm stopping myself right there because, as I was writing, I got an email from Philip. He stated that since they were at fault, they would pay for shipping (or, rather, reimburse). As I was putting things together, he called me. He also offered me an upgrade to the e7002 but, as those are in pre-order and expected within the week, couldn't say the exact date they'd sent it out. I have accepted.End result: While I was a bit of a hot-head in my first reply, they handled themselves well and, hopefully, I will have some favourable follow-up in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think it may be an issue with phillip being overwhelmed or an issue with language maybe. After all is said and done though he does come through for his customers. I had a round and round with phillip but can honestly say that I would and most likely will order from merimobiles again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.