Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

When you make your Custom-ROMs/Modifications, do you use the Emulator to try things out? When you do so, how do you create these IMG-Files that are used by a AVD ? My idea is to make a system.img from a Zenithink system.zt280.tar.bz. Is this possible at all ?
Is it possible to setup/create a AVD based on a Zenithink-ROM to come as close as possible to the real tablet ?

deLemere

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
Hello to all,

When you make your Custom-ROMs/Modifications, do you use the Emulator to try things out? When you do so, how do you create these IMG-Files that are used by a AVD ? My idea is to make a system.img from a Zenithink system.zt280.tar.bz. Is this possible at all ?
Is it possible to setup/create a AVD based on a Zenithink-ROM to come as close as possible to the real tablet ?

deLemere
Seems someone who has a ZT-280 C71 had the same idea as you - http://www.slatedroi...droid-emulator/

I believe right now people just edit the system.zt280.tar.bz using a program like 7zip and test it out by flashing it to the their tablet, not testing via an emulator, but I could be wrong....

If you are using a linux computer (or maybe even via the terminal emulator on your Z101 tablet if you are rooted), I believe you can pack the system files into an img yourself, but I am not sure, hopefully someone else will answer your questions better than me. But FYI, atp said the way to do it for the ZT-180 Original 10" tablet was with the following commands:
Code:
./mkyaffs2image ./system ./system.img<br />
 ./mkimage -A arm -T firmware -C none -a 0xffffffff -e 0xffffffff -n  "IMG_TYPE_SYS" -d system.img system.pack.img<br />
More info on that an be found in the ZT-180 wiki I tried to keep semi-up-to-date, in the ROMs/Debug section - http://www.slatedroi..._for_the_ZT-180

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are using a linux computer (or maybe even via the terminal emulator on your Z101 tablet if you are rooted), I believe you can pack the system files into an img yourself, but I am not sure, hopefully someone else will answer your questions better than me. But FYI, atp said the way to do it for the ZT-180 Original 10" tablet was with the following commands:
Code:
./mkyaffs2image ./system ./system.img<br />
 ./mkimage -A arm -T firmware -C none -a 0xffffffff -e 0xffffffff -n  "IMG_TYPE_SYS" -d system.img system.pack.img<br />
More info on that an be found in the ZT-180 wiki I tried to keep semi-up-to-date, in the ROMs/Debug section - http://www.slatedroi..._for_the_ZT-180
That's it. Have no linux computer but i can setup a Linux-VM. Did it already with a Ubuntu 10.04 LTE. But don't help me because the emulator is running on Windows. Also I'm not good on Linux. But you're right with Linux , I read it is much more complex with a Windows-System. Hard to find the needed tools.

Nevertheless thank you for your reply. It's a point to start from.

deLemere

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello everybody,

Just to inform you. Tried to build a system.img for the emulator from a ZT-280-101-ROM. It didn't work. Made it nearly the same way as path0s with nearly the same results. Read this if you're interrested.

So if anybody knows how to make such system.img-file please give me a hint.

deLemere

·
6,629 Posts
Hello everybody,

Just to inform you. Tried to build a system.img for the emulator from a ZT-280-101-ROM. It didn't work. Made it nearly the same way as path0s with nearly the same results. Read this if you're interrested.

So if anybody knows how to make such system.img-file please give me a hint.

deLemere
The system.img that atp uploaded to the Zenithink FTP doesn't work? I thought path0s was just having troubles with the kernel loading in the emulator (or something like that)?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The system.img that atp uploaded to the Zenithink FTP doesn't work? I thought path0s was just having troubles with the kernel loading in the emulator (or something like that)?
Uhh, what system.img? Did I miss something? path0s also had trouble to make a system.img from his C71-ROM. As meantioned we tried it the same way.
From what ROM is this image that you're talking about ?

deLemere

·
6,629 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's not from any specific ROM, atp just compiled it for path0s....
The link atp posted is just the directory where all the files are, the system.img's ftp link is ftp://zenithink.com/dyliao/test/system.img
Thank's omarahum

I've overseen the post of atp_uestc. He did not quote so I didn't know the covering. I'll try these files. Their server is very slow. 1/2 hour to download the system.img.

Greets

EDIT: Did you ever use this emulator ?

·
6,629 Posts
Thank's omarahum

I've overseen the post of atp_uestc. He did not quote so I didn't know the covering. I'll try these files. Their server is very slow. 1/2 hour to download the system.img.

Greets

EDIT: Did you ever use this emulator ?
I only used the Android Emulator once over a year ago, before the Android Market was working on the ZT-180, had to use it to create an Android ID to insert into the tablet so Market would work (http://www.slatedroid.com/wiki/index.php?title=Fix_Market_For_Slates#Make_a_new_androidID_with_the_Emulator). Never used it since......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts