Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
============================================VERSION 1.0(testedworking)==========================================================

As promised, I stayed up late at night yesterday and came up with a ROM for ICS taking some of the info online and some other outside help.

First of, thanks Aonir for the inspiration and the SU idea! Hopefully with the tweaks that I found in XDA regarding other tablets, this SU is correctly done.
Keep in mind this is all untested.
Next I would like to thank Chanante for the idea for the red frame fix.

This ROM contains the 3n kernel and the 2n kernel so use the one that applies to your tablet

-This is a lightweight ROM with NO FILE MANAGERS whatsoever. It is my personal opinion that each and everyone of us should be able to decide which File Manager we wish to use. It contains NO bloatware and NO payed apps for legal reasons and of course forum rules.
-I think the sound issues were solved and 3D should work a bit better now
-Deleted quick search as suggested by Aonir
- Boot animation changed to ICS boot animation

EDIT: here we go people http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0UHYL4WG
New ROM here. dodo68 took the liberty of modifying my ROM with the AC3 fix and here it is for those who want to test it out:
http://www.multiupload.com/JS3AOKYN6G

Thanks to dodo68!!

enjoy!
=================================================================================================================================

===============================================VERSION 1.1(tested)=============================================================

Ok People. long overdue but here it is
My custom ROM version 1.1!

Here's a list of changes:

ADDED: AC3 codec fix
OIFileManager (by popular demand)
Google Music and it's fix
Google Calendar fix

REMOVED:
The custom images by Chanante (unlock and USB connection)
Music.apk : Android devices with ICS just pack Google Music nowadays so I thought WE should forward as well

CHANGES:
adhoc mode tweak by itsalko
wpa_supplicant changes

This is all untested! Specially the wpa_supplicant changes that I made in order to see if I could force the tablet to connect faster and re-authenticate faster.
I am unsure of these changes. If a problem occurs, just change the file in system/etc/wifi/supplicant.conf to the original one on my first custom 1224 ICS ROM present on the first post.

Here's the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UEG388E3

by the way, as you know this is very time consuming and as such I added a link with a small 5 second ad. Instead of asking people to donate, I decided it would be best to "annoy" you a bit with a 5 second ad and then you can proceed to downloading.

If this is against forum rules, I will remove it and post the normal link as soon as I get the word from omarahum.
Think of this as a way to help me out in these times of severe economic crisis

ENJOY!!

===============================================VERSION 1.1.1(untested)===========================================================

here is 1.1.1

Changelog:

Google Music Working
Multiple Calendar issue resolved

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1LJVIBKX

·
Registered
52 Posts
Meaning me
Though I like deleting some apps like Maps and Talk and that news gadget I personally hate, I will test this as is, with no change. Will keep this updated with news.

·
Registered
490 Posts
having some issues with the sd card not mounting correctly.
build.prop errors i believe

check back soon

EDIT: Found the problem..retrying and will give a link soon
Going to re-upload the entire firmware...found the issues and will solve them all not to scare anyone

I changed the boot animation and it wasn't recognized so all it had was a big black screen and you could thing it was bricked or something...so I will redo this and repost a NEW LINK with all the fixes

So sorry everyone!

but I just tested it and the good news is that it seems to work and more fluid than ever

EDIT2: Check the top post!

^
|
|
|

·
Registered
228 Posts
having some issues with the sd card not mounting correctly.
build.prop errors i believe

check back soon

EDIT: Found the problem..retrying and will give a link soon
Going to re-upload the entire firmware...found the issues and will solve them all not to scare anyone

I changed the boot animation and it wasn't recognized so all it had was a big black screen and you could thing it was bricked or something...so I will redo this and repost a NEW LINK with all the fixes

So sorry everyone!

but I just tested it and the good news is that it seems to work and more fluid than ever
Great! A big thanks from a fellow user ;-)

I will gladly test your rom if you finally post the link. When you post the link, would you be so kind and tell what modification you did to su to make it work correctly in any aspect?
Thanks!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The SU changes weren't that big. Just updated files that I injected in the firmware like you did
hence the inspiration part

the link is on the top post

·
Registered
52 Posts
So! This ROM is definitely the best so far, inside the beta sections of course.

• SU is working, managed to delete a few apps;
  • Red frame disappeared;
  • Settings app crash while accessing the Sound tab fixed.
  • It's way faster! And because it doesn't have all the apps, you can choose which to install, therefore, being smoother at first sight.
  • Doesn't exactly fit here, but... Has a better wallpaper

So.. Thanks!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
awesome! glad that after so many glitches, swings and misses there is finally something usable

Happy new year everyone!

All the best of 2012 for you all (provided we don't all die from the world ending in march
)

·
Registered
34 Posts
awesome! glad that after so many glitches, swings and misses there is finally something usable

Happy new year everyone!

All the best of 2012 for you all (provided we don't all die from the world ending in march
)
Dear SjPedro I've put the Ac3 fix into your beta rom (following the guide posted here in Slatedroid, of course). All works very fine and due to some friends' requests I've uploaded it here: http://www.multiupload.com/JS3AOKYN6G (hope this is not a problem)
Happy New Year and thanks again for all!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Awesome man! that's the whole point of the custom development scene...building up on each other's stuff so I don't mind...actually I thank you for making my life a lot easier since my internet connection is very bad and uploading one ROM takes forever!!
I was going to do that AC3 fix when I read it but guess you beat me to the punch!

I will add your link to the top post

Thanks and Happy New Year!!

EDIT: thanks to the user ampped101 and of course dodo68, I will release after the new year's a new ROM with the AC3 fix and....wait for it....FIX for the calendar.
Apparently it worked on C71 so I see no reason why it shouldn't work in ours

·
Registered
29 Posts
Awesome man! that's the whole point of the custom development scene...building up on each other's stuff so I don't mind...actually I thank you for making my life a lot easier since my internet connection is very bad and uploading one ROM takes forever!!
I was going to do that AC3 fix when I read it but guess you beat me to the punch!

I will add your link to the top post

Thanks and Happy New Year!!

EDIT: thanks to the user ampped101 and of course dodo68, I will release after the new year's a new ROM with the AC3 fix and....wait for it....FIX for the calendar.
Apparently it worked on C71 so I see no reason why it shouldn't work in ours
I've tested the calendar fix on the C91 using your rom, it works!

·
Registered
8 Posts
As promised, I stayed up late at night yesterday and came up with a ROM for ICS taking some of the info online and some other outside help.

First of, thanks Aonir for the inspiration and the SU idea! Hopefully with the tweaks that I found in XDA regarding other tablets, this SU is correctly done.
Keep in mind this is all untested.
Next I would like to thank Chanante for the idea for the red frame fix.

This ROM contains the 3n kernel and the 2n kernel so use the one that applies to your tablet

-This is a lightweight ROM with NO FILE MANAGERS whatsoever. It is my personal opinion that each and everyone of us should be able to decide which File Manager we wish to use. It contains NO bloatware and NO payed apps for legal reasons and of course forum rules.
-I think the sound issues were solved and 3D should work a bit better now
-Deleted quick search as suggested by Aonir
- Boot animation changed to ICS boot animation

EDIT: here we go people http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0UHYL4WG
New ROM here. dodo68 took the liberty of modifying my ROM with the AC3 fix and here it is for those who want to test it out:
http://www.multiupload.com/JS3AOKYN6G

Thanks to dodo68!!

enjoy!
Thanks for your good work, I loaded this ROM last night and really like it and seems to work great.

I do want to verify that I am not the only one that can't get flash to work in any browser. I'm guessing it's a deficiency in the original ROM that hopefully will be corrected in the next update?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for your good work, I loaded this ROM last night and really like it and seems to work great.

I do want to verify that I am not the only one that can't get flash to work in any browser. I'm guessing it's a deficiency in the original ROM that hopefully will be corrected in the next update?
Flash doesn't work. I don't know if the problem is due to the ics 4 roms, gpu drivers or a faulty adobe plugin

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone downloaded and installed the chinfire3d from marketplace on this rom ?
Does it work and/or provide any improvements for 3d ?

Any chance the kernel or 3g modules from 1231 can be inserted into this rom ?

Great work to all, I think this is the best android yet and on a great tablet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi to all,
in this rom, ethernet connection tab is missing. Only wi-fi connection is available.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Has anyone downloaded and installed the chinfire3d from marketplace on this rom ?
Does it work and/or provide any improvements for 3d ?

Any chance the kernel or 3g modules from 1231 can be inserted into this rom ?

Great work to all, I think this is the best android yet and on a great tablet.
Installed chainfire 3.3. It worked fine with some games I tested. Only "problem" is the night mode that doesn't go.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts