Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Here Is Custom Roms For People That Bricked Their Devices After Flashing With:Roger Braun, Xaueious, Donaldson, HiApad FirmwareMake sure your device are:1. Apad iRobot2. 7" screen3. Aluminium back with oval "iRobot" logo4. 9V charger/power adaptor/power supply5. Red Led6. MD01-V6.0 mainboard7. 3.27 Bootloader8. build number RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100729.130751 and RK-1.3.2.ENG.ROOT.20100803.203502Default firmware here 0802CNBelow are the custom roms created by respective rom cooker, thanks goes to them..Keep in mind that these roms are using the same bootloader and kernel.

·
Registered
241 Posts
RB Hybrid 5.1 for MD01-v6.0 based on [ROM] Hybrid custom firmware for aPad 5.1, batch 2 red LED only (July 3rd)RB Hybrid 6.0 beta for MD01-v6.0 based on [ROM] Hybrid 6 beta test (Batch 2)DonaldsonV4 for MD01-v6.0(MERCURY) based on DonaldsonV4HKX1.3.3R2 for MD01-v6.0 based on Xaueious HKX1.3.3R2(+SU.apk)please unzip..few files inside..Hybride V1.0 for Apad v3, MD01-V6.0 modded by telchar16y(link to his thread)I've also had problem with the Market, but its not hard to fix, if its closed or kick you out..just set up date,time & location, sign in to google..wait until it finish synced with the server and try invoke the market again..if still kick you out..just reboot and reboot and try again..once you get ToC then its okay..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just tested all firmwares, except for Donaldson. They all work, and are quicker than the stock 0802.The RB 6 seems to be the quickest, but being a Beta version, it has a quite a few bugs.Thanks hucqim80 and djxs ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
RB5.2 is actually same as RB5.1 but with a different kernel..so it doesn't do any changes as we using same 0802 kernel..currently I spend my time to unpack this 0802 kernel so that we could add more functionality to our apad..for batch 2 version, their kernel is often updated..And THANK YOU for your donations..

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote name='hucqim80;53832]RB5.2 is actually same as RB5.1 but with a different kernel..so it doesn't do any changes as we using same 0802 kernel..currently I spend my time to unpack this 0802 kernel so that we could add more functionality to our apad..for batch 2 version' date=' their kernel is often updated..And THANK YOU for your donations..[IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE'] How is Donaldson's? I'm using 0806 right now because it's the most stable, but I kind of liked the Xaueious. I liked the more clean environment, and the ability to rotate the main menu.Just out of curiosity, which one would you recommend?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Last time I used it, it rebooted the apad when entering the market, and then, it wouldn't boot again. It just kept trying to boot and rebooting over and over again. I had to flash 0806 to get the apad working again. I think I'll wait for a final version ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
hucqim80 Do I understand correctly that you get custom firmware and adapted them for E7001 ver.3 with red led, metal, 9V, MD01-V6.0, 3.27What is mean - Bootloader Only This is part of the firmware or in its entirety? And if part of how to install it?

·
Registered
176 Posts
drugggggg;54005]Do I understand correctly that you get custom firmware and adapted them for E7001 ver.3 with red led said:
Yes, that is correct.
drugggggg;54005 said:
What is mean - 3.27 Bootloader Only
It means that our MID01-V6.0's use bootloader version 3.27 to boot our kernel. The other apads use 3.20 and a different kernel and will not work with our MID01-V6.0's. (that's why people brick them)
drugggggg;54005 said:
This is part of the firmware or in its entirety? And if part of how to install it?
Yes it's the full firmware as an .img file. Use RKAndroidDM as usual to flash.

·
Registered
69 Posts
hucqim80;53452][URL=http://rapidshare.com/files/417121131/updateModRB5.1.img]RB Hybrid 5.1 for MD01-v6.0[/URL] based on [ROM] Hybrid custom firmware for aPad 5.1 said:
RB Hybrid 6.0 beta for MD01-v6.0[/URL] based on [ROM] Hybrid 6 beta test (Batch 2)DonaldsonV1 for MD01-v6.0 based on DonaldsonV1 <----V3 uploading..HKX1.3.3R2 for MD01-v6.0 based on Xaueious HKX1.3.3R2(+SU.apk)
Hucqim80, So those links are rebuilt versions of the v2 images? Rebuilt to be compatible with 9V v3 metal apads red led? Was the bootloader the only change made?Thx.EDIT....Please ignore this post. I see you've already answered above.

·
Registered
176 Posts
[quote name='surplus4u;54203]how you can tell what bootloader version on the apad right now?I have a v3 from mp4nation' date=' metal back with irobot logo.the build number is the same.thx[/QUOTE']You can't know unless you've flashed it before.. but if you have the same build and specs, (9V, Red LED, 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.2.7 (ruiguan), etc, then they will work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,Thank you very much for posting these ROMS...Greatly appreciated I recently got my apad, so this is my first time flashing it.....Can someone please give me specific instructions on how to do it...???Best Regards :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote name='duoteknia;54220]Hello' date='Thank you very much for posting these ROMS...Greatly appreciated I recently got my apad, so this is my first time flashing it.....Can someone please give me specific instructions on how to do it...???Best Regards :)[/QUOTE']This was the way I did it: Download this tool here http://hiapad.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/RKAndroid_ENG.zip and extract to your Desktop or some other folder.Then, turn your aPad off, and put the tiny power switch in the Off position, the On again. (but don't turn on the aPad).Connect the USB cable to your PC in a USB2 port (but not on the aPad yet).On the aPad, press and hold the MENU button (see those 2 buttons on top of the aPad? is the one on the left). While holding the button, connect the mini-USB to the aPad, on the connector nearest to the audio plug. You can release the MENU button now.(Note: If you don't press and hold the button, the Apad will turn itself on, and you don't want that.)If you PC asks for drivers, they are supplied with that package.Then run RKAndroidDM.exe. It should recognize the aPad. Just select the FW, and hit Update. The flashing process takes around 1 or 2 minutes. After that a message of success should appear, and the aPad will reboot (you can disconnect the USB now).If the aPad doesn't reboot, don't worry, just turn it on again. After that you'll see the boot screen for a very long time (maybe 4 minutes or so?) and you'll be prompted to re-calibrate the screen (starting in the top-left corner). After that, you're all set.Anyway, you should try to see other guides, and videos of the whole process, just to be sure. Remember to double and triple check everything to make sure this is your aPad, and that you are doing everything right. I did my apad right in my first attempt. It's not a hard task once you've done for the first time, but it's worth taking your time to avoid silly errors.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.