Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
4.2.x roms are slower than firomi''s and sharkdroid - i checked PA, cm10.1, cm10.2, aokp and what else..
What makes me wondering - 4.3 roms should be faster, but they are not. 2D is VERY laggy everywhere(gui, games, whatever).
Do you have any idea why?
I am unable to figure out why, massive tweaking is not helping in that cases at all, weird, these roms are really slow...
Because SharkAndroid and firomi roms used new,optimized kernel and drivers.
If that is the case, then you probably could use some rom using this new kernel as a base in your porting experiments.
(that is, if some stock firmware or these custom ones using it (kernel+modules) work in your device)

I say probably because I have heard about problems when using last springs/summers stock firmwares.
It could be that Troy's ROMs don't work with those new kernels/modules, but that doesn't mean that some older/newer ones wouldn't work.
(the other possibility of course is, that they haven't done all things totally "by the book", or it just needs some tweaking to work)

·
Registered
77 Posts
You see, I have problem with mixing various 4.2.2's files together(hw, boot, misc, lib/egl, modules), sometimes;

some roms i mentioned are not starting with new/different files(though even the "android magic" seems to fit), or i can see weird afterboot behaviour(looprestart of GUI/launcher is most common).

I am using firomi's base(v4 or v3 sometimes) then i flash modded custom CWM/TWRP rom onto it(with additional/older/other misc.img and edited update-script + diff HW + other changes).

INDEED, i havent try to use stock rom as base, damn.

Generally i had such issues, depending on what i change/replace:

- darkgrey screen with no activity, no first logo, no bootscreen - galcore issue?

- weird autoreboot after first boot to redhearted android and weird progressbar for 1 min then reboot and then i have loop-gui-restart(launcher crash?).Powermenu works in this case, and homescreen is showing for a sec and restarts. Again - galcore issue?

- rom works, but much slower, than it could/should. Touchscreen works worse than with shark then too. HW/misc/galcore issue?

- f'ed up rotation(jerkydelayed or both).

These issues varies betweeen cm10.1, 10.2's, pa, aokp, feiyu's rom, venexus, and xuantunt_Novo7_Venus_V7-VN_4.2.2.

In one case machine reported 1.3ghz per core, i had NO idea if it's just typo in some lib, or it really worked with that speed. There was value 1300000 in irbis tweak and same in performance control.

Still this rom was slower than shark at this scenario..sigh.

I am generally very satisfied with sharkdroid for now, but there's something weird there:

I usually have c.a. 14-14.5k in antutu and 6890-7000 in cf-bench(good tool),

but some day, out of sudden i got over 16k in antutu and 7500 in cf-bench. There was BIG difference in 2d/3d and some diff in other tests.

Machine felt like REAL quadcore, gui was just flying, there was noticeable difference from typical speed.

BUT i fiddled more with files, and after reboot it did not happen again, ever. I found zero clues in logcat and dmesg, though.

NOW - i sometimes have feeling, that "something" is not initialized as it should then.

What it could be, i have no idea;/

Btw - i have no problem flashing shark by NONSTOCK cwm...i do not like twrp, you know..it doesn't see my sd-ext, and with custom repart(600mb sdinternal + BIG /data partition) that issue is ennerving(no space for backup, space for rom, and other files). I always swap cards by vold, you know..

My machine is used for emulation(Amiga, c64, atari xl, ST, vnds, pc mainly), as flashtros player, mp3/vid(it's GREAT for this with viper, btw HW+ uses ZERO cpu! with mxplayer), ebook reading(GODLY alreader), internet and offline maps, 2d games.

I like it, tbh.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,

Looking over this thread I can not see how to tell if I need the LG or Samsung ROM. How can I tell?

About Tab shows

Novo 10 quad core

Kernel 3.4.0+

Android version 4.2.2

Build number 2014.01.04V2

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
Btw - i have no problem flashing shark by NONSTOCK cwm...i do not like twrp, you know..it doesn't see my sd-ext, and with custom repart(600mb sdinternal + BIG /data partition) that issue is ennerving(no space for backup, space for rom, and other files). I always swap cards by vold, you know..
Doesn't see your sd-ext? Don't know all what you might have done, but TWRP expects that there is partitioning on it (=mmcblk0p1).
So, put a partition on it, or try the now updated TWRP portable.
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/107322-update-now-includes-converter-portable-versions-of-custom-recoveries-cwm-and-twrp/

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok, here's shark remade for quadra7.

http://speedy.sh/3GGqz/sa-4.35-20140912-stable-shadowxo28.001
http://speedy.sh/844as/sa-4.35-20140912-stable-shadowxo28.002
http://speedy.sh/m2enn/sa-4.35-20140912-stable-shadowxo28.crc

Rom is splitted with totalcommander, to get whole rom file you need to use TC.

To join parts: "menu/files/split/combine files".

Do NOT flash this to other machines without compatibility set(misc,hw/modules).

Stripped, small, tweaked...
Can I flash this ROM using TWRP on my Novo 7 Venus without bricking it? I am asking this because I am not sure if "quadra7" and Novo 7 Venus is the same.

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
Well,

Using Venus touch driver in quadra7 (or pentagram/bmorn) seems to cause permanent damage.
So I wouldn't try to the opposite direction either. It most likely wouldn't work anyway.

SO, why now use the Shark ROM meant for Venus?
Or use the misc from it and the rest from xoen's version.

Or alternatively take misc from Firomi's ROM that can be found at Venus forum.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well,

Using Venus touch driver in quadra7 (or pentagram/bmorn) seems to cause permanent damage.
So I wouldn't try to the opposite direction either. It most likely wouldn't work anyway.

SO, why now use the Shark ROM meant for Venus?
Or use the misc from it and the rest from xoen's version.

Or alternatively take misc from Firomi's ROM that can be found at Venus forum.
So, way to do this is like this:

- flash optimal base for your device with padtool,

- replace misc in my moddded shark with misc.img from device you have,

- use twrp/cwm to flash my modded rom with proper misc.img.

Touchscreen driver related to your machine is stored in misc.img, cwm rom has NO touchscreendriver that can damage your machine, UNTIL it contains alien misc.img.

Is this correct?

I mean - cwm roms are safe until they contain compatibility solutions, including misc.img, right?

Btw, i flashed back shark few days ago, it behaves better than Ainol SDK_1224...need to tweak shark more.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.