If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a small donation you can click on
If every happy user of this rom would just donate something I could invest more time in all these Android projects.
Issues and possible workarounds
* HDMI out doesn't work. Actions uses two hwcomposer modules, I don't know why, maybe because even they don't have access to Vivante's hwc source code, anyway to have HDMI working you need both modules. With 4.3 the two hwc modules races each other so you I can load only one of them. If (and when) a stock 4.3 will be available (both hwc HALs come as binary blobs) this will probably be fixed, in the meantime in the next days I'll see if it can be worked around in some way.
* Xbox 360 gamepad support (xpad)
* Generic / chinese (Pantherlord / GreenAsia) gamepads support (hid-pl and hid-gaff)
* Veno congestion control algorithm
* USB bluetooth (It supports only CSR devices, they can be identified typing "lsusb" from an app like "terminal emulator": the supported device will be present with an entry like "Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0a12:0001" ("0a12:0001" is the supported VIDID)
. Do not boot with the bluetooth plugged in; plug it once you booted to android.)
* You need TWRP
to be able to flash this rom. Read the linked thread for instructions.
* Put rom (pa_gs702a-3.99-*-$DATE.zip), gapps (gapps-jb-$DATE-signed.zip) and compatibility zip on internal memory or external sdcard.
* Turn on the tablet in recovery mode as explained in TWRP thread.
* If this is your first install select "Factory reset" from "Wipe" menu.
* Flash rom (pa_gs702a-3.99-*-$DATE.zip), gapps (gapps-jb-$DATE-signed.zip) and the required compatibility zip.
* Now select "Reboot".
* Enjoy ParanoidAndroid!
Changelog & download links
* Updated all comp zips
* Updated upstream sources.
Next to comp zip's download link you will find the name of the stock ROM you must flash before to match the required kernel modules (it's based on the file name of the stock rom I used to grab the included kernel).
* Ainol Venus rc1
* Ainol Hero v1 rc1
* Ainol Hero v2 rc1
* Ainol Captain rc4
* Ainol Crystal II rc1
* Ainol Discover rc2
"MDPI" devices (everyone but the Venus) are not officially supported from PA team, so some things might not work properly.
Third party compatibility zips
* Ainol Crystal II by cxz
) - Use this if you have a newer Crystal II (you will identify it because touch won't work using my twrp / comp zip)
( edit: Above link is dead. Here is just the touch fixer for all Crystal2s.
Flash it after the comp zip. -cxz )
* WiFi now can stay enabled with display turned off. Note that if WiFi is enabled the tablet won't enter deep sleep so if you're more interestead in battery life instead of an always on WiFi change policy (on "Advanced" WiFi settings) from "Always" to "Never" and select your preferred WiFi timeout.
* Internal memory is mounted at /storage/sdcard0, external sdcard is mounted at /storage/sdcard1. If you wanna swap them (and make primary your real microsd) just edit "persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=0" to "persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=1" in "/system/build.prop" file
* If you don't like the new feature that automatically triggers airplane mode when the display is turned off you can change "ro.disable_auto_airplane_mode=0" to "ro.disable_auto_airplane_mode=1" in /system/build.prop file.