Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a small donation you can click on btn_donate_SM.gif button.
If every happy user of this rom would just donate something I could invest more time in all these Android projects.

Issues

* Accelerated video playback is supported by MX Player in HW+ mode and pretty much every file will play. For a better audio support (included DTS playback) have a look here.
* HDMI shows a picture but it doesn't fill the TV screen entirely (it's a kernel regression introduced with "SDK" 3.x kernels).
* Maybe other things?

Features

* Multi-Window is still a work in progress as you can see on the Gerrit's ticket so I decided to release it as flashable zip (flash ROM and, after that, the multiwindow zip).
* USB GPS support (cp210x and pl2303)
* Xbox 360 gamepad support (xpad)
* PS3 USB gamepad support (hid-sony)
* Generic / chinese (Pantherlord / GreenAsia) gamepads support (hid-pl and hid-gaff)
* OpenVPN support (tun)
* Veno congestion control algorithm
* USB audio (untested)

* USB bluetooth (It supports only CSR devices, they can be identified typing "lsusb" from an app like "terminal emulator": the supported device will be present with an entry like "Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0a12:0001" ("0a12:0001" is the supported VID:pID). Do not boot with the bluetooth plugged in; plug it once you booted to android.) (will be back soon)

Instructions

* You need TWRP to be able to flash this rom and you must have flashed an SDK 3.2 stock rom using "PhoenixSuit" before. Read the linked thread for further instructions.
* Put rom (omni-4.4.2-$DATE-spark-HOMEMADE.zip) and gapps (gapps-kk44-core-a31.zip) files inside internal or external sdcard.
* Turn on the tablet in recovery mode as explained in TWRP thread.
* If this is your first install select "Factory reset" from "Wipe" menu.
* Flash rom (omni-4.4.2-$DATE-spark-HOMEMADE.zip), gapps (gapps-kk44-core-a31.zip) and, if you're installing this rom on a device that is not the Spark, the required compatibility zip.
* Now select "Reboot".
* Enjoy Omni-Rom!

Download links

Mediafire shared folder
Gapps

Compatibility zips

Only devices with a stock SDK 3.2 firmware can be supported.

* Onda V972 (v1) (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc2
* Onda V972 (v2) (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc2
* Onda V973 (v1) (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc2
* Onda V973 (v2) (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc2
* Onda V811 (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc2
* Onda V812 (v1-v4) (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc2
* Onda V812 (v5) (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc2
* Onda V813 (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc2
* Onda V818 mini (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc2
* Chuwi V99 (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc2
* Nextway F9X (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc2
* Freelander PD80 (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc2
* Teclast A10HD (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc2
* CMX Clanga 097 (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc2
* Onda V712 (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc2
* Onda V711S (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc2

Third party compatibility zips

* Ployer Momo 20 AU (thanks curt54) - link

* Sunstech TAB97QC (thanks curt54) - link

FAQs

* If your devices doesn't have a volume rocker you can install one of these apps to control volume from the notifications: Volume in notification, TrayVolume
* WiFi now can stay enabled with display turned off. Note that if WiFi is enabled the tablet won't enter deep sleep so if you're more interestead in battery life instead of an always on WiFi change policy (on "Advanced" WiFi settings) from "Always" to "Never".
* Internal memory is mounted at /storage/sdcard0, external sdcard is mounted at /storage/sdcard1 and usb disks are mounted at /storage/usbdisk0.
* If you prefer "stock" (and, IMHO, wrong) look (aka with H*U*G*E icons) flash this zip.

Screenshots

7UDXleil.png

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I told you once I was home I'd be able to fix it :)

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
probably the supersu zip doesn't play nice with allwinner partitions? try flashing the supersu zip you find in the shared folder with the rom's zips (can't try since I don't use omni and I've built it just for the people who asked).

·
Registered
6,719 Posts

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
try to manually insmod them and see what it says. (I'm not going to install omni, i'm not interestead in it and I have just built it because some of you asked for it, but it really doesn't interest me at all)

4.4 is a pain in the *arse for the rooting, you don't need just the su/superuser *oops but even a daemon running. Yeah Google, keep going this way.

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
flash the file "omni-4.4.2-20140224-spark-HOMEMADE-boot_fix.zip" from the usual folder, and use the supersu from the same folder. It will work.

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How's multiwindow? Bugged?

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm trying the version without multiwindow (I'll wait it'll be considered mature enough and included in the repos), it seems working nicely, better than CM specially because the mic works (I have no clue why on CM it doesn't work and it's the same with the amlogix 8726mx build, mic doesn't work on CM but works on Omni).

·
Registered
96 Posts
As metioned bevor: Under Cm11 GTA:SA doen't even start, but under Omni-Rom everything works fine...

I'll stay with Omni-Rom as it runs very smoth and has some very nice features ( like the transparent/blured lock-screen). You realy did a great job here!

PS: With GLTools ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2615514 ) you can easily modify the graphics-driver and boost the graphics perfomence!

I recommend to use the "optimize GLSL shaders" funktion for games and even the SystemUI.

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Updated the build, like CM11 there are the new comp zip that improve video playback, reboot to recovery has been fixed, and multiwindow is just a flashable zip to be applied after the regular rom zip, no dedicated build, let's waste less space and bandwidth.

1 - 20 of 240 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.