Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1237 Posts

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a small donation you can click on btn_donate_SM.gif button.
If every happy user of this rom would just donate something I could invest more time in all these Android projects.

Issues and possible workarounds

* Accelerated video playback is supported by MX Player in HW+ mode and pretty much every file will play. For a better audio support (included DTS playback) have a look here.
* HDMI shows a picture but it doesn't fill the TV screen entirely (it's a kernel regression introduced with "SDK" 3.x kernels).
* Maybe other things?

Features

* USB GPS support (cp210x and pl2303)
* Xbox 360 gamepad support (xpad)
* PS3 USB gamepad support (hid-sony)
* Generic / chinese (Pantherlord / GreenAsia) gamepads support (hid-pl and hid-gaff)
* OpenVPN support (tun)
* Veno congestion control algorithm
* USB audio
* USB bluetooth (It supports only CSR devices, they can be identified typing "lsusb" from an app like "terminal emulator": the supported device will be present with an entry like "Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0a12:0001" ("0a12:0001" is the supported VID:pID). Do not boot with the bluetooth plugged in; plug it once you booted to android.)

Instructions

* You need TWRP to be able to flash this rom and you must have flashed an SDK 3.2 stock rom using "PhoenixSuit" before. Read the linked thread for further instructions.
* Put rom (cm-10.2-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-spark.zip) and gapps (gapps-jb-$DATE-signed.zip) files inside internal or external sdcard.
* Turn on the tablet in recovery mode as explained in TWRP thread.
* If this is your first install select "Factory reset" from "Wipe" menu.
* Flash rom (cm-10.2-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-spark.zip), gapps (gapps-jb-$DATE-signed.zip) and, if you're installing this rom on a device that is not the Spark, the required compatibility zip.
* Now select "Reboot".
* Enjoy CyanogenMod 10.2!

Changelog & download links

2013-11-30

* Updated upstream sources.

ROM (md5sum)
Gapps

Compatibility zips

Only devices with a stock SDK 3.2 firmware can be supported.

* Onda V972 (v1) (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc3
* Onda V972 (v2) (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc3
* Onda V973 (v1) (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc4
* Onda V973 (v2) (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc4
* Onda V811 (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc3
* Onda V812 (v1-v4) (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc3
* Onda V812 (v5) (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc3
* Onda V813 (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc3
* Onda V818 mini (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc3
* Chuwi V99 (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc3
* Mediacom SmartPad 9.7 S4 HD (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc4
* Nextway F9X (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc2
* Freelander PD80 (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc1
* Teclast A10HD (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc1
* CMX Clanga 097 (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc1
* Onda V712 (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc1
* Onda V711S (v3.2 based) 3.2_rc1

Third party compatibility zips

* Ployer Momo 20 AU (thanks curt54) - link

* Genesis GT-1440 (thanks curt54) 3.2_rc1

* Colorfly E708Q1 (thanks curt54) 3.2_rc1

* Aqprox APPTB103v2 3.2_rc1 (thanks curt54)

FAQs

* If your devices doesn't have a volume rocker you can install one of these apps to control volume from the notifications: Volume in notification, TrayVolume
* WiFi now can stay enabled with display turned off. Note that if WiFi is enabled the tablet won't enter deep sleep so if you're more interestead in battery life instead of an always on WiFi change policy (on "Advanced" WiFi settings) from "Always" to "Never".
* Internal memory is mounted at /storage/sdcard0, external sdcard is mounted at /storage/sdcard1 and usb disks are mounted at /storage/usbdisk0.
* If you prefer "stock" (and, IMHO, wrong) look (aka with H*U*G*E icons) flash this zip.
* If you don't like the new feature that automatically triggers airplane mode when the display is turned off you can add "ro.disable_auto_airplane_mode=1" to /system/build.prop

Screenshots

jsPnpn8l.png

Sources

https://github.com/christiantroy/allwinner_a31

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Old changelog

2013-11-16

ROM (md5sum)

2013-11-09

ROM (md5sum)

2013-10-25

* Updated ALL comp-zips... Yeah, I know, there are A LOT of them... don't say anything...

* Spark only: for just this release flash this additional file after rom's zip.

ROM (md5sum)

2013-10-18

ROM (md5sum)

2013-10-12

ROM (md5sum)

2013-10-05

ROM (md5sum)

2013-09-28

ROM (md5sum)

2013-09-21

ROM (md5sum)

2013-09-14

ROM (md5sum)

·
Registered
90 Posts
thank you for your releases, even though i dont have allwinner a31 device yet, but i appreciate it what you've done so far for ainol devices.

please dont stop your support for ainol devices.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey,

thank you very much!

Just for confirmation....When do I have to make a factory reset? I have actual ur 10.1 CM installed. Do I need to do a FR? And do I have to install also the gapps?

Thanks again.

Best regards
Stephan

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
thank you for your releases, even though i dont have allwinner a31 device yet, but i appreciate it what you've done so far for ainol devices.

please dont stop your support for ainol devices.

@all
tomorrow morning I have 1/2 free hours and I'll start working with the comp zips

@joco
it's an upstream issue, I guess magyar dictionary is not present yet so just clear keyboard's data and use only english. The stuff will slowly come, it's a brand new rom under upstream active development

·
Registered
59 Posts
I did it too after installing fw. But no success.

PS: I reinstalled a31_ainol_novo906fc_lx_3.2_1.5_v1.img, rooted with 2.6 and installed fw+gapps. Made factory reset and no keyboard for me. I did something wrong...
((

EDIT: huhh, I'm so stupid. I flashed the old google apps package. Now it's working properly, just testing.

^Try clearing cache and dalvik cache.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Okay... Is it just me or is this ROM epic or what?!? The battery seems to be lasting twice as long as b4 at least it does for me! Have been trying to figure out how long it would take to reduce the battery by 1% n norticed it lasts for almost 5-6 mins... So mathematically speaking 100% battery should last for 10 hours!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Installed Successfully on my new Tablet. Looks fast enough. As it's the 1st day of my Tablet I cant comment on the performance difference.

But I'm facing one issue even before upgrading which has now increased. There are small weird dots kind of thing around the fonts of app icons that keep kinda moving. The display is perfect when playing videos but those micro mini white dots do appear.. any one can help how to fix it ?

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Installed Successfully on my new Tablet. Looks fast enough. As it's the 1st day of my Tablet I cant comment on the performance difference.

But I'm facing one issue even before upgrading which has now increased. There are small weird dots kind of thing around the fonts of app icons that keep kinda moving. The display is perfect when playing videos but those micro mini white dots do appear.. any one can help how to fix it ?
HW defect, it might be a lose LCD cable or a physical damage to the LCD.

1 - 20 of 1237 Posts