Android Tablets Forum banner
981 - 995 of 995 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I have Novo 7 Crystal 2nd.
I Use TWRP v2.6.0.0 and this dont work for me.
I have often tried TWRP and after NOVO logo nothing happens. So I used the 10.2 version with TWRP v2.4.1.0 and could be started. Unfortunately, there were problems with the SDCard. It was not found. I used this switch and it works perfectly.

Pls fix ure Tutorial Christian Troy
there's nothing wrong with the tutorial. If you have a Crystal 2 is a quad core and not a dual core. Totally different SOC. If you meant batch 2, I had one and it worked fine for me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi please someone help me, i have a strage brick in my aurora II...

I was on CT cyanogenmod 11 with exfat4 and suddenly one night I was stuck at bootloop.

so I decided to downgrade or go back to 0607 following the steps of softbrick.

When I inserted the SDCARD the screen goes black, never entered the recovery or show me that it was installling something.

But Now I turn on the Tablet and make sound and even vibrates like if it just was ok. but the screen is all black, it has backlight but is all dark.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've read most of this topic and the CM 11 topic but can't get a clear answer to this question...

Which is better/more stable/has less problems on the Ainol Flame Novo 7 : CM 11 or CM 10.2?

As far as I can see CM 11 has a few issues - e.g. camera doesn't work, mic problems (?) etc.

And I noticed in the CM 11 thread CT once recommended 10.2 over CM 11 but that was a while before his latest updates.

If anybody has any advice I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Never mind - I asked CT directly and he kindly suggested that, based on my needs I should probably use CM 10.2 rather than CM 11.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anybody still reading this thread and still using this ROM...?

My phone is a dual core and if I run some task that takes a bit of time and then run CPU-Z I can see that both SoC CPU cores are active - eventually the second one goes quiescent.

On my Ainol Flame running CM 10.2 I only ever see the first SoC CPU core active - the other is always quiescent.

Sounds like a dumb question but is this ROM/kernel ever using the second CPU core?!

Edit: OK - I tried another few CPU monitoring apps and I'm wondering if it's simply an issue with CPU-Z (and a few other apps) that they don't properly detect the activity of both AML8726-MX SoC CPU cores. Apps such as Micro CPU Monitor, CPU Stats and System Monitor suggest that both cores are in fact used.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If anybody is still reading...

Can somebody explain the wifi/SOD/auto airplane mode on screen off stuff as I can't make sense of it from the thread...

By default wifi is configured to be always on and auto airplane mode should kick in. But when I have wifi always on it stays always on and airplane mode doesn't seem to kick in.

So I changed wifi mode to only when connected and then airplane mode does kick in. I can see it when I press the power button to wake from sleep and the wifi takes a few seconds to reconnect.

But with this configuration (or with wifi never on with screen off) I have experienced the SOD a couple of times.

Sometimes it also seems to get stuck in airplane mode after screen on/wakeup.

I know it's probably been asked a million times but what's the best way to avoid SOD?

What's the best wifi configuration in this ROM?

Would it help to flash some other ROM and then restore my CM 10.2 backup? (I'm wary of memory partition complexities if doing this though...).

Thanks (if anybody's still here! :D)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I asked CT directly and he kindly suggested that, based on my needs I should probably use CM 10.2 rather than CM 11.
With the latest security warnings (e.g. built-in browser), what's the recommended way to "harden" a CM10.2? I presume the internal web engine is not only used by the Android browser (which could easily be superseded by Dolphin or the like as default app) but also by other components - deactivating it (by renaming the dex file?) may not be sufficient?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Christian

my step father purchased a zenithink tablet, was having issues with "google play services stopped"

this is the info of the device

Mod # GT-I9300
Android ver 4.3.1
cyanogen mod ver 10.2-20131116
Build date sab 16nov2013 07.50.52
build #cm_spark-usedebug 4.3.1 jls361604da1d23a test-keys
build info built by christian troy

i have no idea which files for what model in this post

he bought a new tablet, and i told him NOT to remove sd card..and i beleive he put it in new tablet..so the zenithink is a brick..cyano logo just keeps spinning

how much for you to put all files on sd card and mail it? i am waiting to hear what 'C" model it is

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to all,

I have flash my tablet C93 with zenithink C93 1F but I don't see google play film and my sd( 4 gb) it's not recognized if I go on the Galleria he tells me "no external storage availabe.

Sorry for my poor English! Help me!!! :help:

·
Registered
1 Posts
hola tuve un problema muy grave, al instalar cargaba normal, cuando reinicio quedo la pantalla negra con el led verde y de ahi no pasa.. es una zenithink c93s zt-292. por favor necesito de su ayuda..

Tranlated with Google Translate: "Hi, I had a very serious problem, when I installed normal load, when I restart the black screen with the green led and there it does not pass .. it is a zenithink c93s zt-292. please I NEED your help.."

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,227 Posts
Please use English language only, if you've problems, use Google Translate! Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,190 Posts
Sorry, would anyone have the twrp file version for the Mediacom 860S2 tablet? It is nowhere to be found....thanks
It seems to be vanished totally. Found TWRP for Mediacom 870S2 (= Gadmei E8HD ?)

Compared it to elf2/crystal version and the only difference is the screen resolution and the kernel of course. Might be possible to remake it if necessary. Just TWRP images for 1024 x 768 needed if lucky... or maybe changing only the kernel is enough...

edit: Here is a remake I made using elf2/crystal version, 860s2 kernel from the compatibility zip, and GUI images from the source. Like orig. 870s2 version this doesn't have parted included. Had to remove it to fit TWRP into image...

981 - 995 of 995 Posts