Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 995 Posts

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a small donation you can click on button.
If every happy user of this rom would just donate something I could invest more time in all these Android projects.

Features

* USB GPS support (cp210x and pl2303)
* Xbox 360 gamepad support (xpad)
* PS3 USB gamepad support (hid-sony)
* Generic / chinese (Pantherlord / GreenAsia) gamepads support (hid-pl and hid-gaff)
* OpenVPN support (tun)
* Veno congestion control algorithm
* USB audio (untested)
* (optional) USB bluetooth

Install Instructions

Follow the device specific instructions. Here you find the patches that modifies the open source part, while the device tree is not public, there's just the jb-mr1 one on my github. Don't ask for jb-mr2 device tree because I won't release it.
Please, DO NOT re-host or mirror these files.

Ainol Elf2 / Aurora2

* Grab TWRP recovery from this thread, unzip it and follow its instructions.
* Put rom (cm-10.2-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-elf2.zip), gapps (gapps-jb43-core-amlogic.zip) and compatibility zip on the microsd card.
* Turn on the tablet keeping pressed VOL- and POWER untill you see the green droid.
* Once booted to TWRP enter "Wipe" menu and swipe to perform a factory reset.
* Flash rom (cm-10.2-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-elf2.zip), gapps (gapps-jb43-core-amlogic.zip) and compatibility zip.
* Now select "Reboot system".
* Enjoy CyanogenMod 10.2!

Aurora2 rc9
Elf2 rc9

Ainol Fire (TM, QM and NP)

* This compatibility zip is based on Feiyu 0506v5 kernel so you have to flash that ROM before.
* Put rom (cm-10.2-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-elf2.zip), gapps (gapps-jb43-core-amlogic.zip) and compatibility zip on the microsd card.
* Turn on the tablet keeping pressed VOL- and POWER untill you see the green droid.
* Flash rom (cm-10.2-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-elf2.zip), gapps (gapps-jb43-core-amlogic.zip) and compatibility zip.

Fire QM rc12
Fire TM rc12
Fire NP rc12

Ainol Hero

* This compatibility zip is based on Feiyu 0506v2 kernel so you have to flash that ROM before.

Hero rc9

Ainol Crystal

* Put rom (cm-10.2-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-elf2.zip), gapps (gapps-jb43-core-amlogic.zip), factory-reset, "singleuser" and compatibility zip on the microsd card.
* Flash factory-reset, rom (cm-10.2-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-elf2.zip), gapps (gapps-jb43-core-amlogic.zip), "singleuser", and compatibility zip.

Crystal 1st batch rc3
Crystal 2nd batch rc3
Crystal 3rd batch rc3
Crystal 3rd batch (green camera) rc1

Zenithink C97

* Unrar the "zt-update" rar file and put "zt-update" folder to the root of a microsd.
* Put rom (cm-10.2-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-elf2.zip), gapps (gapps-jb43-core-amlogic.zip), factory-reset, "singleuser" and compatibility zip on the microsd card.
* Turn on the tablet keeping pressed VOL+ and POWER untill you see the green droid.
* Flash factory-reset, rom (cm-10.2-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-elf2.zip), gapps (gapps-jb43-core-amlogic.zip), "singleuser", and compatibility zip.

Zenithink C97 zt-update rc4
Zenithink C97 rc6

Zenithink C93 1F

* Unrar the "zt-update" rar file and put "zt-update" folder to the root of a microsd.
* Turn on the tablet keeping pressed BACK and POWER untill you see the green droid.

Zenithink C93 1F zt-update rc3
Zenithink C93 1F rc2

Zenithink C93 2F

* Flash this stock ROM.
* Create a folder named "zt-update" in your microsd and unzip there the recovery.img file
* Turn on the tablet keeping pressed BACK and POWER untill you see the green droid.

Zenithink C93 2F rc4

Mediacom 860S2 - Mediacom 870S2 - Gadmei E8HD

Mediacom 860S2 rc2
Mediacom 870S2 rc2
Gadmei E8HD rc2

Zenithink C93s

* Create a folder named "zt-update" in your microsd and unzip there the recovery.img file
* Put rom (cm-10.2-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-elf2.zip), gapps (gapps-jb43-core-amlogic.zip), "singleuser" and compatibility zip on the microsd card.
* Turn on the tablet keeping pressed BACK and POWER.
* ZT's bootloader has a bug (or something to prevent people from flashing custom roms) that will scrumb your NAND when you boot to recovery using the button trigger, push the icon in the top-right (it's recovery's log) and if you see TWRP complaining about partitions go to "Wipe" menu and perform a wipe of "system", "cache", "data" and "internal storage".
* Flash rom (cm-10.2-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-elf2.zip), gapps (gapps-jb43-core-amlogic.zip), "singleuser" and compatibility zip.
* Now select "Reboot system now".

Zenithink C93s rc2

Zenithink C71A (GPS won't work until Zenithink gives me 'glgps' source code or they release a 4.2 rom)

* Put rom (cm-10.2-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-elf2.zip), gapps (gapps-jb43-core-amlogic.zip), "singleuser" and compatibility zip on the microsd card.
* ZT's bootloader has a bug (or something to prevent people from flashing custom roms) that will scrumb your NAND when you boot to recovery using the button trigger, push the icon in the top-right (it's recovery's log) and if you see TWRP complaining about partitions go to "Wipe" menu and perform a wipe of "system", "cache", "data" and "internal storage".
* Flash rom (cm-10.2-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-elf2.zip), gapps (gapps-jb43-core-amlogic.zip), "singleuser" and compatibility zip.

Zenithink C71A rc3

Zenithink C93A (GPS won't work until Zenithink gives me 'glgps' source code or they release a 4.2 rom)

* Create a folder named "zt-update" in your microsd and unzip there the recovery.img file you find inside compatibility zip file.

Zenithink C93A rc2

ROM

2013-11-30

* Updated upstream sources

ROM - md5sum - singleuser - Gapps (lite)

Issues

* Screen will turn black for few milliseconds when the display rotation animation kicks in. It's something cosmetic that doesn't cause any real issue.

FAQs

* If you wanna use a USB bluetooth device flash this zip after each rom update (flash it after the comp zip, practically as last file). It supports only CSR devices. Do not boot with the bluetooth plugged in; plug it once you booted to android.
* WiFi now can stay enabled with display turned off. Note that if WiFi is enabled the tablet won't enter deep sleep so if you're more interestead in battery life instead of an always on WiFi change policy (on "Advanced" WiFi settings) from "Always" to "Never".
* If you don't like the new feature that automatically triggers airplane mode when the display is turned off you can add "ro.disable_auto_airplane_mode=1" to /system/build.prop

Screenshots

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Old changelog

2013-11-16

ROM - md5sum - singleuser

2013-11-09

2013-10-25

* Updated ALL comp-zips / zt-update folder (for c97/c93_1f)... Yeah, I know, there are A LOT of them... don't say anything...

2013-10-18

2013-10-12

2013-10-05

* Lock orientation fixed

2013-09-28

2013-09-21

2013-09-14

2013-09-07

2013-08-31

* Some changes under the hood

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, didn't think I'd be the first to reply to this thread.

As always, thank you Christian for your hard work in giving us the CyanogenMod ROMs (in my case, for the Aurora II). Can't wait to try this new 10.2 version.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
It's great, I've been using it on my Hero for a while now.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a note for aurora2 / elf2 (I don't know how big is /system on crystals), use "lite" gapps for now, maybe in the future I'll build a newer kernel/recovery with bigger /system partition but this involves losing everything

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI.

Now I'm using feyiu 4.1.2 rom an I want change to cm. Before I have cm 10.1. Now i can't factory reset and install cm. I have some issues like:

I'm Using TWRP recovery and cwm 5.5.0.4 and i have the same problem. I can only flash stock roms or edit stock by recovery added to feiyu package.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, CT,

Great ROM, not a single issue after 3 days of use on Novo7 Fire NP.
Just one remark about rear cam which is real dark compare to front...

For the story CT: you were right about hardware problem for my touch screen issue some month ago. At some point in time TS did not reacted at all anymore, so I tried to replug TS cable but damaged the display while opening tablet :/ Finally bought a new Fire since I now have one for spare parts.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
429 Posts
HI.

Now I'm using feyiu 4.1.2 rom an I want change to cm. Before I have cm 10.1. Now i can't factory reset and install cm. I have some issues like:

I'm Using TWRP recovery and cwm 5.5.0.4 and i have the same problem. I can only flash stock roms or edit stock by recovery added to feiyu package.
I had a similar problem. Flash the ext4 TWRP 2.6.0.0 and try this (format data; reboot recovery; format system, data, cache; reboot recovery; install CM 10.2).

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have an Ainol Novo 10 Captain and would like to change the OS to Cyanogenmod 10.2 (or higher if it exists), could you please tell me if this is possible and if so how to do it.
The Captain is Actions Semi ATM7029. Similar to Crystal 2 and Hero 2. Try over in the Cortex A5 section, might find CM10.1

Anybody know what happened to the Ainol AML quad? Scrapped for the MT8389?

·
Registered
191 Posts
HI.

Follow the TWRP thread, convert to ext4

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anybody know what happened to the Ainol AML quad? Scrapped for the MT8389?
I'm wondering that too... Anyway, seeing how good those 8726mx run with 4.3 I don't see any need of a better SOC specially if the higher GPU horse power go wasted with FHD resolutions.

But I understand that the average Joe has to show that he has a big cock and needs a quad/octa/infinity core just to run whatsapp
I'd be more interestead in seeing an x86 Haswell i3 ULV in an Android tablet
a tailored version with something like iris pro gpu

·
Registered
84 Posts
I jump from feyiu 4.1.2 on this awesome ROM 10.2 I instal rom todey and play NFS most wanted, Mass Efect inflitator PES 2012, sims fre to play, angry birds GTA III and much more of games I instal alotof programs and no sdo or any glich so far ( kaspersky dont work becaus is not suport for 4.3 but Eset works) I play video on xbmc and mx player with nav-x, play music on poweramp tuch is so quick no lagg so far,sent from Aurora II. PS Thanks CT on this rom

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ok any of you have problem with skype when I recive call I can hear who call me but he dont hear me, when I call he hear me but I dont hear him, I dont now is this problem with Rom ore with skype ( I download skype from google play ). Another problem is camera orentation when juse program for camer who came with Rom the picture is about 90 degre in left just camer is on center of left side of tablet ( I juse Aurora II ) and with ap camera ZoomFX is eaven worst becaus picture is flip backward and in skype camera orentation is bean ok, I hope that jou fix this becaus this ROM is awesome like I said in previus post.

Sent from Aurora II

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Christian thanks once again for all your hard work, I have a problem though, it's stuck on boot loop. Im using zenithink c93 what am I doing wrong?
1 install rom
2 install gapps
wipe factory settings
3 install compatibility file (this maybe where I'm going wrong)
ok installed amlogic patch zip rebooted and it worked so far so good that good ive got it installed on my samsung galaxy 3.

1 - 20 of 995 Posts