Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a small donation you can click on btn_donate_SM.gif button.
If every happy user of this rom would just donate something I could invest more time in all these Android projects.

Issues and possible workarounds

* Seems pretty good to me... Just the cosmetic issue of the boot in portrait, I could fix it but it's something too nasty and just to correct this little glitch it's not worth it. Anyway feel free to report ;)

Extra features

* Xbox 360 gamepad support (xpad)
* Generic / chinese (Pantherlord / GreenAsia) gamepads support (hid-pl and hid-gaff)
* Veno congestion control algorithm
* USB bluetooth (It supports only CSR devices, they can be identified typing "lsusb" from an app like "terminal emulator": the supported device will be present with an entry like "Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0a12:0001" ("0a12:0001" is the supported VID:pID). Do not boot with the bluetooth plugged in; plug it once you booted to android.)

Instructions

* You need TWRP to be able to flash this rom. Read the linked thread for instructions.
* Put rom (cm-10.1-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-gs702a.zip), gapps (gapps-jb-$DATE-signed.zip) and compatibility zip on internal memory or external sdcard.
* Turn on the tablet in recovery mode as explained in TWRP thread.
* If this is your first install select "Factory reset" from "Wipe" menu.
* Flash rom (cm-10.1-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-gs702a.zip), gapps (gapps-jb-$DATE-signed.zip) and the required compatibility zip.
* Now select "Reboot".
* Enjoy CyanogenMod 10.1!

Changelog & download links

2013-09-26

* First build

ROM (md5sum)
Gapps ( mirror )

Compatibility zips

Next to comp zip's download link you will find the name of the stock ROM you must flash before to match the required kernel modules (it's based on the file name of the stock rom I used to grab the included kernel).

* Ainol Venus rc0 (2013-05-23-V1-4.2)
* Ainol Hero v1 rc0 (2013-05-21-V1-4.2)
* Ainol Hero v2 rc0 (2013-05-21-V2-4.2)
* Ainol Captain rc2 (20130820)
* Ainol Crystal II rc0 (4.2cris2)
* Ainol Discover rc3 (atm7029_AINOL_SDK0906_NOVO806_2013-9-27)

Third party compatibility zips

* Here is just the touch fixer for all Crystal2s. Flash it after the comp zip. -cxz

FAQs

* WiFi now can stay enabled with display turned off. Note that if WiFi is enabled the tablet won't enter deep sleep so if you're more interestead in battery life instead of an always on WiFi change policy (on "Advanced" WiFi settings) from "Always" to "Never" and select your preferred WiFi timeout.
* Internal memory is mounted at /storage/sdcard0, external sdcard is mounted at /storage/sdcard1. If you wanna swap them (and make primary your real microsd) just edit "persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=0" to "persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=1" in "/system/build.prop" file

Screenshots

zw56BjSl.png

UPhw3lvl.png

r7473cVl.png

Sources

android_actions_gs702a

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
reserved

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you! I like your roms. Using your CM10.2 on Fire. Waiting for Crystal II compability. I think with your rom this s**t Crystal II will work good.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's kinda tricky this damn ATM7029... I just spent an half hour to figure out the right TWRP configuration for the Hero (every device has the touch panel mounted in a different way)... so I might need some debug and work by trial and errors for the devices I don't have.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, you have to flash the stock 4.2 before (using the pc tool)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tried this rom on Crystal II. Touchscreen and g-sensor works incorrectly.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it's not supported yet

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
* Ainol Hero v1 rc0
* Ainol Hero v2 rc0

tested on v2 but since v1's twrp works I don't see why this shouldn't

·
Registered
78 Posts
Installed it on my Venus, and so far looks good.
It just randomly froze and had to be restarted, but it's ok now.

How can I turn off all animations ?

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Installed it on my Venus, and so far looks good.
It just randomly froze and had to be restarted, but it's ok now.

How can I turn off all animations ?
you can turn them off from developer options after having it enabled

it shouldn't hang, at least it hasn't done it once on my unit since two days, maybe there are some stale files from previous android versions on your microsd. Try to erase the internal memory content in case, anyway I suggest you to install a different launcher since Trebuchet (cm's default) is not that great. I suggest you nova or apex.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone can point me to a Crystal2 stock 4.2 rom?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yupe, Apex is my favourite and is running better. Thanks for the tip about developer options, didn't know that

And thanks for the build of course

Will report after some testing and just using the device

ps: I am curious if PurePerfomranceX will do any difference as it did with the 0507 4.1 stock rom. Probably will try out later.

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hy Christian, I tried to make a compatibility zip for another device with atm7029, Eboda XL400 - looks like Hero v1, but with different camera, wifi module, sensors. All good except wifi, don't know what's wrong there... There is no official 4.2 rom for it so I used first a 4.2 stock from hero (also with this one I managed to start everything except wifi). Your TWRP for hero v1 work perfect on XL400. Thanks for your work!

P.S. Something interesting (I just remembered) : Before your build (and before my laptop hdd died
) I used bnmguy's build from 20130717 and wifi worked, with his latest build it isn't working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Christian, thank you very much for your great work. May I know whether this ROM is compatible with Ainol Captain or not? If it is not compatible, would you mind make a compatibility zip for that model? In fact, I want to buy an Ainol Captain for long (because of its large battery), but have been hesitated as I don't want to use any ROM made by Ainol for Captain - heard that there are quite a few problems here and there. Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
* Ainol Captain rc0

Hy Christian, I tried to make a compatibility zip for another device with atm7029, Eboda XL400 - looks like Hero v1, but with different camera, wifi module, sensors. All good except wifi, don't know what's wrong there... There is no official 4.2 rom for it so I used first a 4.2 stock from hero (also with this one I managed to start everything except wifi). Your TWRP for hero v1 work perfect on XL400. Thanks for your work!
you probably need a tailored libhardware_legacy.so, see in your stock rom which kernel module it loads with the command "string system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so", one of the last strings will have "/misc/modules" in the middle, this is the result of the captain: "/misc/modules/wlan_8723as_vt.ko"

1 - 20 of 124 Posts