Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be possible to port Amon_Ra's custom recovery from the HTC phones over to the aPad? It would make flashing custom roms simpler and you wouldn't need a computer at all to do it.I have no skills regarding such a task but if anyone wants to take a stab at it, the source files are here http://github.com/packetlss

·
Registered
525 Posts
key assign can be changed in recovery.imgchange three lines in /init.rc. e.g.
setprop KEY_CODE_UP "59" setprop KEY_CODE_DOWN "102" setprop KEY_CODE_ENTER "62"
MENU(59)/HOME(102) act as UP/DOWN, ENDCALL(62 / power button on front panel) act as ENTER.to enter menu mode, don't specify any option (e.g. --wipe_all) to recovery command. at this time I deleted a option in misc.img.

·
Registered
936 Posts
[quote name='fun_;13836]key assign can be changed in recovery.imgchange three lines in /init.rc. e.g.MENU(59)/HOME(102) act as UP/DOWN' date=' ENDCALL(62 / power button on front panel) act as ENTER.to enter menu mode, don't specify any option (e.g. --wipe_all) to recovery command. at this time I deleted a option in misc.img.[/QUOTE'] Um I think I'll give that a shot sometime. What's that about misc.img?

·
Registered
525 Posts
xaueious;13842]What said:
misc.img is included in update.img. it will be flashed into 2nd partition of flash.([email protected])it seems to be used to enter recovery mode. once recovery mode is started' date=' 2nd partition is cleared by zero so next reboot will not go recovery mode.default (Apad 0611) misc.img contains following strings,[QUOTE']$ strings misc.imgboot-recoveryrecovery--wipe_all
so all data is wiped automatically, then reboot.if you replace "--wipe_all" with all zero in misc.img and flash it into 2nd part, recovery menu will appear.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think "update misc.img", "recovery --reboot", and "adb shell reboot recovery" are same thing.misc.img is required for updater because no shell/adb is running in update mode.I don't have(setup) machine with adb for now, so I need to use misc.img or shell. ;)
xaueious;13913 said:
Not sure if it flashes over the old recovery with this method though.
I think "which part is updated" is described in update-script but not tested yet.

·
Registered
936 Posts
[quote name='fun_;14068]I think "update misc.img"' date=' "recovery --reboot", and "adb shell reboot recovery" are same thing.misc.img is required for updater because no shell/adb is running in update mode.I don't have(setup) machine with adb for now, so I need to use misc.img or shell. ;)I think "which part is updated" is described in update-script but not tested yet.[/QUOTE'] lol that is leet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I?m a novice obviously, but would very much like to be able to navigate in the system recovery utility. The reason for this is that I have an apad v2 with unresponsive touchscreen after update to fw 6-11, and I would like to test a restore to factory settings. To do this I would have to navigate in the recovery utility, and in order to do this ( if I understand correctly) I would have to remap the buttons/keys in the recovery.img. Is it possible to edit this in a Windows environment. if yes, could you please suggest appropriate software for this. I can easily enter recovery with Droidexplorer and use an otherwise functioning system with screencast.Thanks,

·
Registered
525 Posts
[quote name='Karlleopold;14140]Is it possible to edit this in a Windows environment. if yes' date=' could you please suggest appropriate software for this. I can easily enter recovery with Droidexplorer and use an otherwise functioning system with screencast.[/QUOTE']I think cygwin is required to extract/create cramfs image on windows. but I can provide modified recovery.img for you. I'm not sure recovery from backup fixes touchscreen problem.Droid Exploler seems to be GUI for adb.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Would be great if you could. Maybe you?re right but I feel that I have to try at least. I find it hard to believe that it?s a hardware issue - several people have described exactly the samescenario when flashing an update, after which we?re stuck at calibration when the apad reboots.Thanks in advance!
fun_;14213 said:
I think cygwin is required to extract/create cramfs image on windows. but I can provide modified recovery.img for you. I'm not sure recovery from backup fixes touchscreen problem.Droid Exploler seems to be GUI for adb.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks! The recovery image works and makes it possible to access and navigate the sys recovery utility, but unfortunately you?re right in that it doesn?t change anything with the touchscreen after restore to factory settings. Still stuck at calibration, which is also impossible to do with mouse. Yes, I?ve also tried to reflash several fw?s (back to 0512) without any change. Frustrating ....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.