Android Tablets Forum banner

Custom m003 update

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  mmontecchi 
#1 ·
I have created a custom update for the m003 based on the slatedroid. I don't personly own the device, but I modified the slatedroid update for a friend who was having issues with the market. I hope I have fixed the market issues. Just in case I also included SAM2 and apkinstaller. As well as a good few other apps and home launcher. https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7...g1ODgtODRjMzBjZDg0OTA4&hl=en&authkey=CPv-27cH

#3 ·
darthn8ers;17791]I have created a custom update for the m003 based on the slatedroid. I don said:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7yYrZFhk4G4MjExMzVkZDQtYmQ2Mi00N2EyLTg1ODgtODRjMzBjZDg0OTA4&hl=en&authkey=CPv-27cH[/url]
Slatedroid (until now) is only for M001 device. So the screen resolution is lower that what we need to have on M003.Can I ask how do you create this custom rom?

#4 ·
ah ha.. Thank you.I will look into upping the rez, and or, modifying the orig rom in the m003 section and repost.Question, did the market work?Modifying it is pretty strait forward, just unpack the rom, make your changes, and re pack it.... If any one knows where I can get the source code for the device I can put together a much better rom for y'all.

#5 ·
ah ha.. Thank you.I will look into upping the rez, and or, modifying the orig rom in the m003 section and repost.Question, did the market work?Modifying it is pretty strait forward, just unpack the rom, make your changes, and re pack it.... If any one knows where I can get the source code for the device I can put together a much better rom for y'all.

#6 ·
Because so much is the same hardware looks to be mainly changing scriptcmd settings for the 800x600 res and it helps if can start with close calibration data in the ect folder.seel tread at for a working m003 version. http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin...ial-Slatedroid-1.3-Firmware-for-M-003-(1.7.4) Note this not making a new ROM only tweaking an M001 for M003mmontecchi I do want to see what your version will look like.According to ECOTOX's twitter account he has received his M003 and is working on a M003 version this week.

#7 ·
mogrith;17956 said:
Because so much is the same hardware looks to be mainly changing scriptcmd settings for the 800x600 res and it helps if can start with close calibration data in the ect folder..
I have tested the version 1.7.4 the script and change the folder etc only helps to fix the resolution for the installation phase, the first boot after boot height is set at 480

#8 ·
@darthn8ersWhat changes did you make to repair the market? Fixing the rez problem is well known now. Copy scriptcmd from an M003 rom to the slatedroid rom. Copy the etc directory to correct calibration problems. That should do it.

#10 ·
[quote name='darthn8ers;17906]ah ha.. Thank you.I will look into upping the rez' date=' and or, modifying the orig rom in the m003 section and repost.Question, did the market work?Modifying it is pretty strait forward, just unpack the rom, make your changes, and re pack it.... If any one knows where I can get the source code for the device I can put together a much better rom for y'all.[/QUOTE'] No the market doesn't work.Can you give me more detailed information on how do you make this custom rom? So we can help to fix problems!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.