Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.. onda released 1.5.5 yesterday. Is there anybody how had tried it out? Any meaning of doing a custom of it (since 1.4 and 1.5 is working good)?

Cheers

7Kimmen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi.. onda released 1.5.5 yesterday. Is there anybody how had tried it out? Any meaning of doing a custom of it (since 1.4 and 1.5 is working good)?

Cheers

7Kimmen
Hi - I'm new here but i think i have the terminology correct.
The 1.5.5 update is not a simple flash from an sd card as was the 1.5.
The 1.5.5 uses software they call a "USB burning tool SPI" and the accompanying instructions on how to use it are long and detailed and in Chinese. That was enough for me to quit on the idea.
It if ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi - I'm new here but i think i have the terminology correct.
The 1.5.5 update is not a simple flash from an sd card as was the 1.5.
The 1.5.5 uses software they call a "USB burning tool SPI" and the accompanying instructions on how to use it are long and detailed and in Chinese. That was enough for me to quit on the idea.
It if ain't broke, don't fix it.
I tried updating both via SD card and USB burning tool.
SD card was unsuccessful as indicated by the dead ANDROID lying down on its back with the RED sign out.
The USB burning tool app was ok, i just had trouble with installing the M3 device or WORLD CUP device to my PC. The file appears not to be found.

The reason for this fix is to enable me to have full working Play store access and to unbloccke google, facebook and youtube sites that are banned in China.

Hope someone will have an answer and if its not a long shot either PAT MOSS, Feiyu, Aggro, Dark ELF developers can comeup with a really good custom ROM. For who ever will a generous donation is promised.

Thanks

·
Registered
411 Posts

Cheers

7Kimmen
Hi guys,

I'm back from trip.

Uploaded hybrid firmware http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/38906-custom-firmware/page__view__findpost__p__428193

Started 2 topics

AML FLASH TOOL aka ImageBurnTool - I think it'll better to join all questions in one topic

FAQ CUSTOMIZING FIRMWARE - I think it'll better to join all questions in one topic

Connor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts