Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here is an english language custom firmware of 130201v1 for your convenience as a phoenix suite flash image and contains the following small changes:

Changelog:

130201v1_custom_v2 modifications:
english as the standard language
chinese apps removed
supersu added
Google Talk added
surfaceflinger from onda Chuwi V99 firmware (a bit more smooth)
Better Google Play compatibility
TWRP recovery

130313v1_custom_v1 modifications:
Based on SDK 1.35
TWRP recovery upgraded (broken, don't try to boot recovery, I'll fix it later today.
supersu replaced by superuser by Koush

Download here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is an english language custom firmware of 130201v1 for your convenience as a phoenix suite flash image and contains the following small changes:

chinese apps removed
supersu added
surfaceflinger from onda firmware (a bit more smooth)
TWRP recovery

Download here.
Nice Thank You but before I download it: Is there polish launguage in which I can change instaed of english one? and how about wifi there?
Thank You for reply.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice Thank You but before I download it: I sthere polish launguage in which I can change instaed of english one? and how about wifi there look?
Thank You for reply.
This is only stock firmware, there is no other changes than the ones mentioned above, so all possible problems is still there and if you have your language set to polish on your tablet today, this will have it available to. I will put more effort into the cyanogenmod build I'm doing instead.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is only stock firmware, there is no other changes than the ones mentioned above, so all possible problems is still there and if you have your language set to polish on your tablet today, this will have it available to. I will put more effort into the cyanogenmod build I'm doing instead.
Ok I see so I will wait for more changes then Thank You.

·
Registered
20 Posts

chinese apps removed
supersu added
Google Talk added
surfaceflinger from onda Chuwi V99 firmware (a bit more smooth)
TWRP recovery

Download here.
Hi mate,

Any idea if there is already a jelly bean 4.2 for this device?
How to install jelly bean 4.2 with TWRP recovery?
I have read that jelly bean 4.1 cause a lot of WiFi trouble for other devices too, do you agree?

Do I understand it correct that TWRP is sort of a user friendly ROM manager?
Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi mate,

Any idea if there is already a jelly bean 4.2 for this device?
How to install jelly bean 4.2 with TWRP recovery?
I have read that jelly bean 4.1 cause a lot of WiFi trouble for other devices too, do you agree?

Do I understand it correct that TWRP is sort of a user friendly ROM manager?
Thanks in advance for your help.
TWRP is a fine recovery tool - when you reboot in recovery mode (touch screen works)

·
Registered
22 Posts
How to upgrade it plz? I have 20130121-V1 firmware and want to upgarde it to this one but I cant do this with pheonixsuit coz it said "No Device Attached Yet" Can Y help me plz?
Just do like PheonixSuit tells you: press the sound button, push 10 times on the power button - or whatever they tell you. It works fine.

see my post:
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/43134-ainol-novo9-spark-quad-core-a31-tablet-pc-97-android-41-retina-ips/page__view__findpost__p__602618

·
Registered
35 Posts
hallo,
does anybody have some problems playing videos? specially in floating modes, only audio plays with no video untill you go to fullscreen, forcing software decoder helps but still many video players dont have this feature,
thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks fldc for creating this

I have downloaded zip file then reboot and selected to run from the zip file, it begins the process but then says aborted

would someone be kind enough to post a detailed step by step process from downloading the zip, to installing it on the decive?

·
Registered
5 Posts
First let me thank fldc for the Ainol Novo 9 English firmware! Some really good improvements.

Please note that after upgrading to the English firmware, you cannot flash back to the original Ainol firmware using PhoenixSuit. I presume phoenix is looking for some kind of identifier from the device and it has changed in the fldc build.

The older chinese version of phoenix 1.03 beta will recognize the device when plugged into usb. It will reflash the english firmware but will not flash the ainol 20130201 (some chinese error when you try to upload the image).

The newer engligh version of phoenix 1.06 will not recognize the device when plugged into usb.

Edit: Actually I was able to flash my ainol novo 9 back to the stock firmware. The error was not clear but it was because the filename length was too long for Windows!

I'm still not able to get phoenix 1.06 to work but 1.05 works fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hallo,
i just managed to flash my ainol spark using this rom with phoenixsuit, I installed the 1.05 version then updated it to 1.06, there are some pitfalls to look out for:

1- if you are using a 64bit version of windows, disable driver signature enforcment, you can revert it back after flashing, this disturbs installing the usb driver, if that doesnt work, remove all the google usb drivers ( maybe you used the unvirsal naked driver ) also remove the driver using the phonexsuit uninstall.
http://laslow.net/2012/03/14/disable-driver-signature-enforcement-in-windows-8/

2- change your usb cable, some cheap china cables does not function very well, this problem happend with my previously owned nexus 7, using a better cable this problem didnt occur.

hope I was able to help some of you

thanks btw for this rom, would it be possible to pack this rom in a zip to make it flashable using twrp or cwm?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.