Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've found out how to write pandigital's logo file, which means I now get a picture of the nice Android guy when the system first boots instead of the Pandigital Screen. Unfortunately, it disappears after about 2 seconds, goes to the pandigital logo, and then goes to a custom boot logo (if you have on installed). Still an improvement, I guess :)I'll have to see if I can figure out where the second PDN logo is stored so I can kill that as well.

·
Registered
666 Posts
well... share the details on the initial boot screen. How did ya do it? Wheres the files? Which Image? Any ideas about adding a boot sound (audio file) I want mine to be DROOOID pad. ;)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to use custom software, hacked off of Koush's G1 splash screen who was kind enough to release the source. I need to tweak the source a tiny bit more.It's really ugly, but it does work

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
might it have the same file name such that you can search for it?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright folks, here we go. Credit to Koush for the original, it took me a few tries to get the orientation and image format right.Requirements: .NET Framework, 2.0 or laterDISCLAIMER: Not responsible for anything you might do. This is writing a file to your internal flash that kicks off at boot, so there exists the possibility that something could go catastrophically wrong and you hose your PDN. The file size is hardcoded in the program, but you should check anyways before flashing to make sure it is the EXACT same file size as a stock logo file (about 1.83 MB).If this all sounds scary and horrible, just remember: This adds nothing to the functionality of the novel. It is the very definition of an unnecessary mod. If you do it, don't come to me complaining that your Novel suddenly caught fire or peed on the rug.How to generate a custom logo file[list type=decimal][*] Run program[*] Click "Open" to open an image. As a note, this program takes in LANDSCAPE images, and the RIGHT of the image will be the TOP of the PDN (closest to the logo).[*] Click "Convert"[*] A file "logo.custom" will be created in the same directory as the program. Move it or rename it to something else if you want to make a bunch of different logos, because it will always overwrite.[/LIST]How to flash a custom logo file[list type=decimal][*]Drop the logo.custom file into your adb directory.[*] Grab the file "fuse" from a PDN update zip file and put it into your adb directory.[*] Run the following commands.
  • adb push fuse /data/
  • adb shell chmod 777 /data/fuse
  • adb push logo.custom /data/
  • adb shell /data/fuse logo /data/logo.custom
  • adb shell rm /data/logo.custom
  • adb shell reboot (optional, either reboot or shutdown yourself)
[/LIST]That should do it! If yo have already done these commands, and want to flash a different logo, you can start at (c) since fuse will already be pushed over and chmod'ed

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Take the slatedroid image and make a batch file to do it, so we can have tons of newbs feeling high on life.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, I guess my disclaimer really did scare everyone off. Anyone else used this yet?lawman, do we have a large slatedroid logo somewhere? I don't mind making a custom splash.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
pm mike for one. If we don't we should.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
If u right click on the logo and do save as its a png fileSent from my Eris using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
x2 on that. Is there an original jpg/bmp we could use?

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
I have it where should I send it , may need a little editing mike did the redesign but I have the original pm me

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
also please take some pics when this is running on someones PDcan't wait to see

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mogrith;33612 said:
How much of this is PDN specific? I'd like to make a wiki entry to do this on any device. Using the Slatedroid Logo would be great for the demo.
It really depends. I had to change resolution (obviously) and also bits per pixel. I'd be a bit worried about just tossing it around, though, in the event for some reason a malformed logo causes the boot process to die entirely. (I fed it lots of bad logos when I was testing, but I'm not sure if every other device would handle it as well.)

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Scoooooooooooooooooore!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.