Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
EDIT -21/09/2011 - ZIP updated, please re-download.

Hi guys,

I have remade the Android Bios Boot animation made by frysee over at xda

I have edited it (frame by frame
) and changed the information to be about our Hannspad, I have left it slightly generic for the different android builds, just to keep everyone happy.

anyway, hope you like it.

Preview

Download
Here

Karl0ss

·
Registered
265 Posts
Great, now let's all express our creativity

·
Registered
136 Posts
I tried putting it into System/Media, but it does not work...

Even if the zip is in that folder it just plays the standard Flashback boot animation...

Is there another way to deal with it on honeycomb???

·
Registered
265 Posts
Nope, you're wrong.

It's not in the /system/media folder that you should copy it, rather in the /data/local one.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Tried this as well, didnt work either..

Want confused me is that in neither folder is an original bootanimation.zip

There must be a location where flashback stores its on default animation, so where should that be?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Alucard, did you set the file permissions right? Maybe try 777 ? Which version do you run, 7.1, 7.2, 8.1?

·
Registered
136 Posts
8.1 ^^

Did not set any permissions, just copied the zip file to the tablet storage via usb and moved it with root explorer.
Will try setting permissions tomorrow

·
Registered
5 Posts
with Es explorer it will work by changing certain settings , enable root explorer and then mount file system also enable hidden files view and work your way thought the settings in es until you can view all paths and directory's

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i dont know if you can change the animation that easily on honeycomb, this has been tested on 2.2/2.3..

·
Registered
265 Posts
@Nosferatu, where can we get FB v9 ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
FB10.0 had the Google gears loading screen, but FB10.1 has a custom "Team Flashback" one which actually looks awful.
Replaced it with the google gears one now though

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Thought I'd give this a bump as I only found it yesterday whilst looking for a way to change the bootloader image (I didn't like the viewsonic birds I was left with when I nv_flashed the partitions for JB
).

It works a treat and amuses me every reboot. Thanks for making it Hannspad specific Karl0ss.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts