Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
available now?

http://liliputing.com/2013/07/cube-introduces-u39gt-tablet-with-9-inch-full-hd-display.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cube-U39GT-Rockchip-RK3188-Quad-Core-tablet-pc-9-0-LPS-2GB-16GB-Dual-Camera-Bluetooth/1092767145.html

Highlight,

1. Cube U39GT VAndroid 4.2.2

2. Rockchip 3188 Quad Core CPU, Mali400 GPU

3. 9.0" IPS Capacitive Multi-touch 10 Points(1920x1280)

4. 5200mAh Battery

5. 2GB RAM DDRIII and 16GB ROM

6. Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, support MIRACASTTM

7. Dual Camera(Front 2.0MP,Rear 5.0MP Support AF)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was just in HK and checked it out (about 1800 HKD here). Looked very nice, convenient size and very light compared to U9GTV. In the end I chose the latter due to the larger screen size and much larger battery.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bought this one at the beginning of this week on aliexpress. Already on the way.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The screen of the tablet is faulty or damaged or something. No much sense reviewing that crap. The least troublesome Chinese tablet so far for me was Ainol Novo 7 Crystal. 2 other tablets I have bought have issues - this one (screen) and chuwi v88 (disconnected touch connector on arrival).

Attachments

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
The screen of the tablet is faulty or damaged or something. No much sense reviewing that crap. The least troublesome Chinese tablet so far for me was Ainol Novo 7 Crystal. 2 other tablets I have bought have issues - this one (screen) and chuwi v88 (disconnected touch connector on arrival).
Did you open it up to fix it?

If so, could you take some pics?

I would love to see if there's any possibility of upgrading the battery.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Did you open it up to fix it?

If so, could you take some pics?

I would love to see if there's any possibility of upgrading the battery.
I haven't opened it because I don't know how it would help to fix. There are photos of the disassemblied u39gt on aliexpress. I have struggled to make good enough photos of that spot with little success, so I'm not sure my photos of disassembly would be any better.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have been able to remove the spot from the screen using scotch tape (a recipe the seller provided when I have started a dispute to refund the device's price). It seems working well for now (I have rooted it using a variation of tpsparkyroot script). The main disappointment now is the wifi strength. It is a same sad s**t as v88, even worse(
There are some lags here and there but not fatal ones. Even the wannabe-win8 custom launcher looks not so abominable as it seem at the beginning, from the other hand we have good old-fashioned tablet interface on 4.2.2.

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
I have been able to remove the spot from the screen using scotch tape (a recipe the seller provided when I have started a dispute to refund the device's price). It seems working well for now (I have rooted it using a variation of tpsparkyroot script). The main disappointment now is the wifi strength. It is a same sad s**t as v88, even worse(
There are some lags here and there but not fatal ones. Even the wannabe-win8 custom launcher looks not so abominable as it seem at the beginning, from the other hand we have good old-fashioned tablet interface on 4.2.2.
Hm. That is curious about the wifi signal strength. The wifi antenna seems to be superior to what I have seen on other tablets. It looks to me almost that it is designed to be in contact with the aluminium backing hence making use of the aluminium back to get a better signal strength. Perhaps you can try reinforcing the contact with the back. I'm contemplating on getting one of this as it seems to be the cheapest FHD 9" tablet around.

A wifi antenna mod is doable but I'll have to evaluate the current setup first.

A battery mod will be on the top of list in terms of mods. (EDIT: Clicky Here for Battery Upgrade Thinktank)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Another bunch of impressions:
The tablet has no "offline charge mode", it is huge "-".
Built quality is rather good, only 2 small flaws - a microscopic gap between back cover and the screen frame at the center of the long side and not exact centering of the usb connector relatively to the corresponding hole in the back cover.
Also I have flashed Vasylkov's cleaned firmware, works well for now, but I have to re-calibrate the battery to have realistic battery life info.
PS sadly what I have no necessary skills to port pipo m7pro firmware on this device (, it may offer some goodies absent in the stock one.

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
Another bunch of impressions:
The tablet has no "offline charge mode", it is huge "-".
Built quality is rather good, only 2 small flaws - a microscopic gap between back cover and the screen frame at the center of the long side and not exact centering of the usb connector relatively to the corresponding hole in the back cover.
Also I have flashed Vasylkov's cleaned firmware, works well for now, but I have to re-calibrate the battery to have realistic battery life info.
PS sadly what I have no necessary skills to port pipo m7pro firmware on this device (, it may offer some goodies absent in the stock one.
Where did you obtain the cleaned firmware? Could you post a link?

Also, what sort of exclusive goodies does the m7pro have over the u39gt? Once I do get this tablet, if there are significant gains, I will be porting the m7pro firmware.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Where did you obtain the cleaned firmware? Could you post a link?

Also, what sort of exclusive goodies does the m7pro have over the u39gt? Once I do get this tablet, if there are significant gains, I will be porting the m7pro firmware.
The firmware was posted here http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=482025&st=20#entry24370080 and I have already shared the link in the topic with review of this device. It is a repack with replaced launcher and few tweaks.
As far as I remember pipo firmware comes with multi-window (with its screen size it may have more sense than on 8" 1024x768 of v88) and may have offline charge.

·
FW Developer
710 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
By the way i have asked the seller who placed those photos, have him measured the size of the battery and about possible alternatives.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does the control screen brightness works? To me it seems that it does nothing.

What is the variation of tpsparkyroot script?

regards

·
Registered
77 Posts
Does the control screen brightness works? To me it seems that it does nothing.

What is the variation of tpsparkyroot script?

regards
Brightness control works for me. As for script, it is generally a .bat file pushing necessary binaries and .apk-s into the tablet via ADB. It may have variations in how feedback is displayed and which .apk-s are set up.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts