Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the Cube U35GT

*Can someone please confirm the REAL battery capacity? I see differing details but 10000mah for an <8 inch tablet is nuts*

Operating System: Android 4.1
Model: Cube U35GT
Announced: 201305
Product Type: Tablet PC
Keyboard: Touch Screen
Display Technology: IPS Capacitive touch screen
Screen Size: 7.9 inch
Max Resolution: 1024*768
CPU Manufacturer: Rockchip
CPU Model: RK3188 Quad Core
CPU Speed: 1.8GHz
RAM / Technology: DDR3
RAM Installed Size: 2GB
Hard Drive Type: NAND FAST FLASH
Hard Drive Capacity: 16GB
PCMCIA Expansion: T-FLASH(Support 32GB MAX)
Camera: 0.3MP+2.0MP
HDMI: Yes
3G: External 3G
Bluetooth: NO
GPS: NO
G-Sensor: Yes
Audio: Built in stereo speakers/Built in Microphone
Software: Youtube/Facebook/Twitter/MSN/Android market/Skype/Calculator/Google Mail/Google maps/iReader/Quick Office
Language: Multi-language support
Battery Type: 10000mAh Li-ion battery
Battery / Run Time(up to): about 4-6 hours
Power Device Type: AC Adapter, AC 100-240V
Charging Voltage: DC 5V 2A
Color: White
Item Dimensions/ W*D*H: 202*135.5*8mm
Net Weight: ---
Input/Output Connectors
Ports: 1 x MicroUSB OTG Port
1 x Micro Sd Card slot
1 x DC jack (2.5mm)
1 x Earphone jack
1 x MiniHDMI port
Communications
Networking / Data Link Protocol: Fast Ethernet
Wireless Connection: WIFI
Wireless Protocol: 802.11 b/g/n

·
Registered
5 Posts

Charbax spoke with Cube representive. There will be 8gb and 16gb option. You can also choose between 1 and 2 gb ram. Thickness is about 7mm. No news about battery and Android version though. The 1G Ram + 8 G storage will cost about 120 USD.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Charbax spoke with Cube representive. There will be 8gb and 16gb option. You can also choose between 1 and 2 gb ram. Thickness is about 7mm. No news about battery and Android version though. The 1G Ram + 8 G storage will cost about 120 USD.
$120 is the wholesale price in quantity. Various upgrades, such as 1GB RAM to 2GB RAM, additional back camera, etc add less than $5 per option.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I can't imagine a tablet using the RK3188 not having bluetooth. It is built into the chipset and removing it couldn't possibly reduce the overall price a significant amount.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
I can't imagine a tablet using the RK3188 not having bluetooth. It is built into the chipset and removing it couldn't possibly reduce the overall price a significant amount.
Dustin79,

Actually there are a few RK3188 tablets without BT including the Vido N101RK and N80RK, the Aoson M33 and the Cube U30GT Mini2. There are even some models of the Chuwi v88 1GB RAM model that don't have BT. I'm not sure why a manufacturer wouldn't add this since it's "built in" from a design standpoint, but there are 3188 models that exist without it.

smithmal

·
Registered
97 Posts
Dustin79,

Actually there are a few RK3188 tablets without BT including the Vido N101RK and N80RK, the Aoson M33 and the Cube U30GT Mini2. There are even some models of the Chuwi v88 1GB RAM model that don't have BT. I'm not sure why a manufacturer wouldn't add this since it's "built in" from a design standpoint, but there are 3188 models that exist without it.

smithmal
That is crazy. Personally I couldn't get a tablet without bluetooth, I like it too much. That is why I don't look at the allwinner and advanced quad core tablets. I guess some people don't mind though. Thanks for the info because I will def make sure that my next tablet has BT before ordering it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
According to the link below, the battery size is 4000mAH and the RAM size is 1GB.

My link

The vendor also indicates BT built-in on the specs page.

smithmal
So this tab definitely has bt? I've been looking around and all the spec sheets just seem like a .jpg copied from site to site so it's hard to discern whether or not it has it. I hope so, this one is in the running with the chuwi v88 for me to buy. Any reason anyone would pick one of these over the other? If anyone owns one of these, please post a review or some more specific details and quirks noticed upon using. Thanks in advance to everyone who responds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So this tab definitely has bt? I've been looking around and all the spec sheets just seem like a .jpg copied from site to site so it's hard to discern whether or not it has it. I hope so, this one is in the running with the chuwi v88 for me to buy. Any reason anyone would pick one of these over the other? If anyone owns one of these, please post a review or some more specific details and quirks noticed upon using. Thanks in advance to everyone who responds.
I just bought U35GT and have been playing with it for couple of days now. I tried several other (mainly 7-8 inch ones) with rk3188. The reason to select this one was nice (read good enough) mechanical quality and how fast and smoothly it actually run. It is also very very thin and light weight. I also tried Chuwi V88 a bit more but it did not run smoothly and the mechanical quality was not good enough for me (location of power key is bad, keys are plastic and already somewhat loose, gaps here and there etc...).

Some facts of U35GT (at least my version and all the others I tested in several stores):
- Memory 1GB and 16GB
- NO BT!
- NO back facing camera! (personally I do not need one... front camera is enough for Skype)
- By default it is not rooted and I have not been able to do it... yet (if someone knows how to do it, please help)
- Antutu gave 16970
- CPU speed is 1.6 according to Antutu (not 1.8 as somewhere is stated)
- Battery is 4000mAh and the battery life is not bad but it is not excellent either. Comparing to Ainol Venus it seems to drain out a bit faster... need run performance test for it.

Because of device root (or actually lag of it) I have not been able to test it fully yet.

Anyway I have been very happy with it and in performance point of view it was a huge leap forward when comparing to my previous tablets (Ainol Hero and Ainol Venus). Also the mechanical quality is (at least as a new device) a LOT better.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i've purchased this device and currently waiting for it to arrive. will post some pics of it and review when i receive it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received mine today and noticed it didnt work and when i checked properly you can see the screen lit up and reacts but cant see anything. Bad...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Received my U35GT just now. Super disappointed with the thickness... Compared it against my Nexus 7 and it's only abit thinner. Used a vernier calliper to measure and it's around 9.4mm with back protective film and screen protector on. I will measure again after taking all the films off.

Unboxing and mini review up over at my blog

http://theaudiology.blogspot.sg/2013/06/unboxing-of-cube-u35gt-79-android-41.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts