Android Tablets Forum banner

CUBE U30GT2 Bad Battery/connection

13K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  pabl0_0060 
#1 ·
I received my:

CUBE U30GT 2 Quad Core RK3188 10.1 Inch Tablet PC FHD(1080P) IPS Screen Android 4.1 2G 32G Bluetooth White

Model#:sku20720

I charged it overnight without problem. After the battery was down to below 10% I went to recharge it and got no response. The boot screen appears then the screen goes black as if there has been no charge accepted. I only have used the provided charger, which worked on the initial charge. I even tries charging with the supplied USB cable to computer and it didnt work at all either.

I am waiting for a solution from Pandawill.

#2 ·
The cube does not charge by USB.

Your issue sounds like a bad power supply. If you source a decent supply you will almost certainly find your problems solved,

You need a 12 volt 2 amp supply, a little more than 2 amps will also be OK. Look for a supply that has the correct connection (1.5 mm if I remember correctly) and check the polarity..

#3 ·
here the same issue, brand new u30gt2, used full day, battery empty and charging is not working....bought new charger 12v-2amp....but no result
goes black after the start screen....emailed seller and await response...

dont want to open this tablet, saw in other post to disconnect and reconnect battery connections...will await seller advise first....not happy so far while impressed during one day usage with performance etc...in general surprised to see amount of posts re battery issues...

ANYONE ELSE WHO CAN HELP??????

#6 ·
The supplied power supplies are often poor. Replace with a decent 12v 2ah power supply and you should be good

#9 ·
So you think that the charger is not really charging the tablet even though it worked correctly a number of times before when charging the tablet? If it charged it before just fine, why would it now not? AND, why does the tablet only power on when the charger is plugged in? You don't think it is a bad battery connection like I have read on other posts?

#14 ·
Thanks. I have the same problem with the cube U30GT2 (one day trial!) and the HSA120200B so called "charger" that comes with it. Do you mean that it is not a charger, but just a power adapter (for 12V supply 2A max current)? Actually the "charger" has the Chinese equivalent of "adapter" (not "charger") stamped on it. If it is only a power supply, that would mean the tablet itself has the control circuits for charging, and any power supply with DC 12V 2A capacity should work (with the 2.5mm/1.mm female connector). Please confirm. I can get a power supply for LED at Amazon for less than $3 to replace the non-functioning one.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Please note that the title of the quoted article is a link. Isn't that classy? Such fancy BBcode markup I dooz.

Cube Release U30GT2 Android 4.2 Beta Upgrade Firmware
May 16, 2013
by Liushan

Hello everyone! Cube released the latest Android 4.2 beta upgrade firmware for U30GT2. And it mainly to improve the functions below.

1. Optimized the battery detect error problem;
There is more on the site linked to in the title above but I stopped there because it indicates there is a known battery issue and an updated firmware for it. It may or may not be your issue but good luck that it helps you!

#10 ·
Please note that the title of the quoted article is a link. Isn't that classy? Such fancy BBcode markup I dooz.

There is more on the site linked to in the title above but I stopped there because it indicates there is a known battery issue and an updated firmware for it. It may or may not be your issue but good luck that it helps you!
THANKS! That is most likely it since I was using a prior BETA ROM from Arctablet released a couple weeks ago. I will give that a try tonight!

#16 ·
Yes that's right you want a stable 12v 2amp supply with 1.5 mm connection and correct polarity.

#17 ·
Correction: 2.5mm barrel connector with center (inner) pin positive. You can get a barrel adapter, say from http://www.rakuten.com/prod/dc-barrel-plug-converter-2-1mm-x-5-5mm-to-2-5mm-x-5-5mm-3-cord/246444147.html?listingId=261033557

Be sure you do NOT get a 5.5mm OD 2.5mm ID barrel connector (sometimes called 5.5mm x 2.5mm adapter) for the Cube U30GT2. You want one like the picture at the rakuten.com site above if you use a LED 12V 2A power supply.

I have not tested this set up. Try at your own risk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.