Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,

I am new here so sorry for some useless question, I have an old firmware (I think 0,9 with 4.0.4 OS), I can upgrade it directly to this version or I need to upgrade every single version? And do you know if there is an internal way to upgrade it (like a software)?

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards

·
Registered
11 Posts
But putting a ROM I loose the garantee right?

I would like to keep the garantee so I need to put only the official version or there is a repacked version that keep the garantee but in the mean time make some changes (fixes and others)?

Thanks for the answer

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm not sure how much the guarantee is worth in any case.

If the tab does go faulty then I doubt a custom ROM will be an issue, you can always flash back to stock.

Groobs, thanks for the kind words :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok just to add my experience here. You CAN crash your tablet with a custom ROM so badly that it can not be recovered and must be sent back to the factory. I crashed mine with the JB evolution firmware and couldn't recover it. Thankfully I live in China and the shop I bought it at sent it back to the manufacturer and they sent me a replacement tablet.

So be careful.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here is my Cube U30GT-H rooted custom firmware based on 1.07
It features:
- root with SuperSU 0.96 (free version)
- made /system partition writable
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- increased space for application (/data partition) to 2 Gb.

Enjoy
Hi. Is your rom stable? Have u removed languages? Is there any for u30gt-W model? Does play store shows all the apps instead with the official rom? thanx..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi. Is your rom stable? Have u removed languages? Is there any for u30gt-W model? Does play store shows all the apps instead with the official rom? thanx..
I've had no complaints re my ROM.

I do have a ROM for the W, see freak tab.

I've applied XML market fixes to the ROM, can't promise all but I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sorry dual post. May have confused two posts too.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I can't use the tablet if not connected with the charger..if i leave the cable and reinsert it, the tablet power off, and then battery goes to 0%
why?

·
Registered
188 Posts
yes

·
Registered
188 Posts
It's on the freaktab site. Flashes from pc though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
quote name='arctablet' timestamp='1348574565' post='430170']
Here is my Cube U30GT-H rooted custom firmware based on 1.07
It features:
- root with SuperSU 0.96 (free version)
- made /system partition writable
- removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- increased space for application (/data partition) to 2 Gb.

Enjoy

[/quote]

hi
i am new and have a Cube U30GT-H same build as the first person who posted. i would like to root my tablet so all the chinese programs are gone. i tried to download it but it is not on the page that the above link takes me too
can you tell me where else i can get it from
Roger

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all.
Could anyone tell me if this rom has full market access? in specific search for sims freeplay. ive tried 3 roms and editing the build.prop but no success.

Steve

21 - 38 of 38 Posts