Android Tablets Forum banner
121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Has anyone gotten any versions of netflix to run on the T10x series?
No - So far I've had almost zero success with the top streaming services like Netflix, VUDU, Hulu, Crackle, PlayOn, Plex etc. The best so far is YouTube Movies via the YouTube app by using subscriptions or favorites from a PC and only some of those movies will play on mobiles devices (Crackle movies on YouTube Movies currently don't play on mobile devices).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Another question. I dowmloaded and installed SeePU via the link earlier in this post. The install was succesful but when attempt to open ot it says the aplication has stopped unexpectedly. Any ideas?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any suggestions on Video Player apps? I saw Video Player on the compatibility list but am unsure if any of the others are vid players

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Amazon AppStore is failing to install on my t103. I've downloaded the APK from www.amazon.com/amazonappstoreapp and started the install from the file explorer but after about a minute it stops and tells me that installation has failed.

Have you all been installing from a different location or with a different method or has Amazon updated the app in a way that makes it incompatible?

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey everyone, i got a t301, rooted and all that this might not be big news but if you mix skyfire (java turned off, i hope they fix that,) with crackle.com you get some pretty cool movies to watch on your tablet, i was stoked about that hopefully we can get a netflix app working that would be sweet, i'm not holding my breath though

·
Registered
308 Posts
hey everyone, i got a t301, rooted and all that this might not be big news but if you mix skyfire (java turned off, i hope they fix that,) with crackle.com you get some pretty cool movies to watch on your tablet, i was stoked about that hopefully we can get a netflix app working that would be sweet, i'm not holding my breath though
Great tip. I had given up on Skyfire and forgot about the video serving component. Not the quality of Youtube Free Movies but greater selection on mobile while still playing some Crackle. R rated seems to be a problem though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Google Docs for T10x??? Anybody have a solution better than mine?

Google Docs has changed to Google Drive Recently in Play Store. Not available on T10x.

I found the following apks online and tried them but none work.
-1.0.10 Installs successfully but Force Closes when opened
-1.0.16 Installs successfully but Force Closes when opened
-1.0.20 Installs successfully but Force Closes when opened
-1.0.27 won't install
-1.0.30 won't install
-1.0.43 won't install
-1.0.54 won't install

For now it seems like the best alternative is to use My Docs which is available in Play Store. It seems to open the docs in browser tablet mode and doesn't crash with Javascript enabled.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great tip. I had given up on Skyfire and forgot about the video serving component. Not the quality of Youtube Free Movies but greater selection on mobile while still playing some Crackle. R rated seems to be a problem though.
right, something's better than nothing i think, anything to improve these little things!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Google Docs for T10x??? Anybody have a solution better than mine?

Google Docs has changed to Google Drive Recently in Play Store. Not available on T10x.

I found the following apks online and tried them but none work.
-1.0.10 Installs successfully but Force Closes when opened
-1.0.16 Installs successfully but Force Closes when opened
-1.0.20 Installs successfully but Force Closes when opened
-1.0.27 won't install
-1.0.30 won't install
-1.0.43 won't install
-1.0.54 won't install

For now it seems like the best alternative is to use My Docs which is available in Play Store. It seems to open the docs in browser tablet mode and doesn't crash with Javascript enabled.
I went back to the drawing board and tried installing 10.0.16 fresh. Then I rebooted the T104 before trying to open the app. It worked.
Backed up 10.0.16 in Titanium and uninstalled.
Installed 10.0.20 and tried the install, reboot, launch trick. It failed. So I guess 10.1.16 is as high as the T10x will allow.
Uninstalled 10.0.20
Restored 10.0.16 App and Data from Titanium.

Google Docs works but it opens the Docs and Spreadsheets in a browser instead of in the app like the new Google Drive.
Creating new docs and/or editing existing docs hangs.
But for viewing existing docs this 10.0.16 is better than a third party Docs launcher that opens docs in browser with ads, e.g. MyDocs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
MX Player comes so close to working on T10x. Might work on T301. Googled MX Payer MIPS to find this info.

Scroll to bottom of this page http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/mips-ingenic-xburst/mx-video-player-mips-2186.html where it says "Here is direct link to the player and MIPS codecs."

They both install successfully.
Try to run app from Drawer, "Unsupported device"
Try to pick a mp4 from ESFileExplorer and chose Open With >MX Player, "Unsupported Device"

BTW I also tried the MX 1.6 and MX 1.6 Pro links on this page https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download
but they wouldn't install on the T10x

Lastly, here's a link to dozens of versions of old MX Players. https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download/backup
I think only the 1.6h_test from http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/mips-ingenic-xburst/mx-video-player-mips-2186.html will install, but you can experiment for yourself.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts