Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 575 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They just posted a new item in their support hub, about supported audio and video formats. Conspicuously missing now is WMA, which they've been advertising for some time on the reader.I'm wondering if they are going to back-pedal on 720p support, next? I don't understand why having consistent specs are such a problem for them. What the heck is going on, over there?

·
Registered
34 Posts
[quote name='roebeet;54086]They just posted a new item in their support hub' date=' about supported audio and video formats. Conspicuously missing now is WMA, which they've been advertising for some time on the reader.I'm wondering if they are going to back-pedal on 720p support, next? I don't understand why having consistent specs are such a problem for them. What the heck is going on, over there?[/QUOTE'] Probably figured they should not have leased out their hardware to Pandigital and now their starting to see that THE HARDWARE will not support what they want it to support
lol

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I emailed them and dropped a Facebook message about support of Vorbis, also (which should be in there, assuming they didn't purposely pull it out). No response in either area. This company is starting to sound as flaky as Pandigital - it's not like my questions are super-complex.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Somebody called Pandigital like "three dogs and a man in a garage". Or something along these lines. Cruz sounds even more clueless, if such a thing is possible. Two dogs and a man without a garage.Anyway, I don't get this fascination of finding PDN hardware in any junk tablet popping up lately. Sure, there are very fat expectations getting full, stable Froyo (or at least Frozen Eclair, as Samdroid calls it), plus 2D/3D driver and overlay based on Milo acceleration, but it's a pioneering work in a sense Samsung didn't do anything about. Waiting for sources from the guys which don't have them and can't get them from original coders who also don't have them is useless.For those who likes the sound of "Velocity" in their tablets, I'd recommend this Elocity:Elocity A7 goes up for pre-order on Amazon with Android 2.2, Tegra 2, and a $370 price tag -- EngadgetYou can pre-order it at Amazon, and I believe if there would be something wrong with publishing Elocity Froyo source fast enough, Amazon is not Pandigital.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Hmm except elocity is a rebrand also the difference is they are up front with their specsSent from my Eris using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
My speculation on this and it's purely speculation is that the Cruz Reader will end up being almost almost exactly like the PDN (like MP4's and Lawman's prediction earlier). Why else would Velocity not be forthcoming with the processor? Coming out and saying that it is the same as the PDN would only hurt their presales, especially when you can get a PDN for $40 less right now. They're lucky that Pandigital had a go with the PDN earlier because it gives VM a head start in addressing all of the hardware & software issues that the smarties in this forum have found and dealt with. This could be the reason for the delay in shipping them, too, as they struggle to address some of problems and document their fixes.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
... and we will be glad to use their firmware... either directly or indirectly.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
My Borders does not have them in store (yep, I already called them this week). These might be online, only? Plus, it still says "pre-order" on their site -- I guess it's not 9/10 is whatever fantasyland VM resides?

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Well its strange because everyone else got their dates pushed back (including the VM site) and borders got it pushed forward. Seems strange to me. What is also strange is there is still no viedo showing the cruz tablet so that one seems like vaporware to me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have 2 Cruz readers on pre-order at Borders online, which are now back-ordered 2 weeks. Also when i log into my account and view the Cruz reader order there is a note stating that they are not available in store. I called Borders customer service and he stated that the stores will not carry them until all of the online orders have been fulfilled.http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=877935002122

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
haha! i think this is just a convenient way for them to say they are not available yet. I am sure they pushed up the date in order to generate more sales and then when the day came there were to be released that are "back ordered" yea right.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
By the time they actually start shipping these, it'll be white and they'll be a sticker over the Pandigital logo that says "Velocity Micro". :OClockworx, I didn't know you were in Philly - I live in the extreme north Philly burbs. The local Borders I had called is in Langhorne.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[quote name='roebeet;54470]By the time they actually start shipping these' date=' it'll be white and they'll be a sticker over the Pandigital logo that says "Velocity Micro". :OClockworx, I didn't know you were in Philly - I live in the extreme north Philly burbs. The local Borders I had called is in Langhorne.[/QUOTE'] Huh, I thought I had mentioned it at least at some point. Yup, I work a few blocks away from the Borders.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm more concerned that CW might dip into the small number of white PDN's at my local BBB, as I'm assuming that I might have to keep exchanging them if my cracking issues continue.

·
Registered
157 Posts
This is the most recent video, as of this writing, on YouTube, and the video playback seems identical to what we have now: a little bit choppy. (Edit: same video was posted two weeks before this one, so it's actually kind of old.)YouTube - IBJSC.com | I-WEB.com.vn - Velocity Micro Cruz E-ReaderI like how the back comes off though. And the styling makes it look like a mini-iPad.YouTube - A GadgetNutz.com Exclusive - First Look at new Cruz Android Tablets![quote name='roebeet;54517]I'm more concerned that CW might dip into the small number of white PDN's at my local BBB' date=' as I'm assuming that I might have to keep exchanging them if my cracking issues continue. [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE'] You should at least exchange the one you have now, which sounds like it's cracked pretty badly, while you know they still have a replacement on-hand.

1 - 20 of 575 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.