Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yup, it would seem like a rebadged PDN except the power plug goes in a different place. I like what they're showing for a Home screen, with the ability to display six icons across instead of four. Is there a setting for that somewhere? Other than that, nothing here gives me any buyer's remorse yet for buying the PDN.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Is this Cruz reader not exactly the same as the black PDN? Sure looks like it to me. I'd bet that if the Cruz software was better you could probably port it to the PDN. Both devices are made by the same company with just different software, would be my guess

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just noticed their launcher also has home and back buttons on the notification bar. That's also a plus. However, from their product page: "Access to the Cruz Market™" Having not seen what a "Cruz Market" is yet, I'm not so sure if that's a plus or a minus. I think most people would rather have the "Android Market." This is probably an Augen-like workaround for it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
[quote name='gortyargen;40324]Is this Cruz reader not exactly the same as the black PDN? Sure looks like it to me. I'd bet that if the Cruz software was better you could probably port it to the PDN. Both devices are made by the same company with just different software' date=' would be my guess[/QUOTE'] It does seem to have 2 speakers on the bottom, and mic and earphone jacks.. The Black PDN doesnt have a mic or 2 speakers right? Otherwise does look very similar. CPG

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
derelicte;40356 said:
I get a kick out of this quote:"The world's first affordable touch screen color ereader."not quite sure where they get that claim.
They made it up.

·
Registered
157 Posts
[quote name='cpg716;40349]It does seem to have 2 speakers on the bottom' date=' and mic and earphone jacks.. The Black PDN doesnt have a mic or 2 speakers right? Otherwise does look very similar. CPG[/QUOTE'] This thing supports a mic? No kidding? Skype-support, even if voice-only, could be dealmaker for me, though I'd probably just keep my PDN's, since they were only about $100 each, and buy a serious $$$ tablet for the next one. Man, remember when you couldn't even get a half-decent Palm Pilot for $100 back in the day? And now we're getting stuff like the PDN for $100, and that's even after inflation.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
[quote name='pocket_aces;40373]This thing supports a mic? No kidding? Skype-support' date=' even if voice-only, could be dealmaker for me, though I'd probably just keep my PDN's, since they were only about $100 each, and buy a serious $$$ tablet for the next one.[/QUOTE'] That's my plan, and I'm the head pandiginut.[quote name='pocket_aces;40373]Man' date=' remember when you couldn't even get a half-decent Palm Pilot for $100 back in the day? And now we're getting stuff like the PDN for $100, and that's even after inflation.[/QUOTE']Supply and demand. The tech is waaaaay more common now, so the supply curve shifted because the cost of lcds, circuitboards, etc. has come down... even after inflation. A nation of a billion slave laborers will do that.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.