Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not all Cruz Reader batteries are created equal. It seems that Velocity has put different size batteries in these readers for some unknown reason. Many users are complaining about short battery life and it may be directly attributed to the size/rating of the battery.

I have the Cruz Reader R103 v2.0 (the version number is located on the lower right corner of the face of the box). My reader has a 2800mah battery so my battery life is decent. But I have seen some users that have 1600mah batteries and one that had a 1800mah battery. I don't know if the battery size discrepancy has anything to do with if it is a R101, R102 or R103.

So I am asking those members who wish to post what model Cruz Reader you have and what size battery? You can safely snap off the back cover and see the battery which is clearly marked.

Thanks,

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also find it interesting on Velocity's site, they don't specifically state any information about their batteries, they only say, "replacement battery for xxx". So I wonder if a T103/T301 battery would fit in a R101? I don't even see the R103 listed on VM's site.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Does anyone have both R101 and R301 to check and see if the batteries are similar other than mAh? Or if they will fit and work? I would upgrade batteries if I could.

Richie

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone have both R101 and R301 to check and see if the batteries are similar other than mAh? Or if they will fit and work? I would upgrade batteries if I could.

Richie
Yes R101, R102 and R103 battery dimensions are the same. I do not know if the replacement battery shown on Velocity website is the 2800mah or not. I sent them two email inquiries asking them to confirm and never heard anything back from them. I guess I am going to have to call them to try and find out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I dont have the T301 anymore but I did open it up before I returned it and the batteries are definately different. Also since the charging voltages are different I do not think that batteries would be compatible.

For my Reader R103 the battery is the same 1600mAh 7.4V.

So I would have to assume the 2800mAh battery is for the Tablet as when I used it definately seem to have better battery life.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The only confirmation I can get from talking to VM is that the replacement battery on their site is NOT the 2800mah, so it's either gonna be the 1600 or 1800. They said it was a spare travel battery, NOT an upgrade to your existing battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts