Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello all, first off thanks for all the great posts on this site. I am not a noob to the android community as I own a Eris and a DInc, but I am new to the Android Tablet world. I recently bought a Velocity Micro Cruz eReader R103 at Best Buy for $99 + tax and I am thoroughly impressed except for one small issue.

I have updated to the modified machocruz rom, rooted with adb, and installed and set-up SetCPU profiles.

The problem I am having is that I cannot seem to get the microSD 4gb card to recognize or mount, I have searched high and low on many forums, but to no avail have I found anyone running into this issue. I have tried the micro SD card in multiple computers through card readers, I have tried different micro SD cards in the internal slot and various other techniques, but I cannot seem to get the internal micro sd card slot to recognize. Could someone please help me or point me in the right direction for fixing this problem? Or is this an internal hardware problem with the device and must I return the R103 to Best Buy for a new one???

Thanks in advance,
Dono_T

·
Registered
29 Posts
w2as you able to get it to work i see you are going to try appstosd but if you cant use the internal card then appstosd wont work

also the guy who posted the mach rom i think said his unit did that and he could not get it to work again if you cvant get it to recognise the internal sd you may want to return it for another see if it dose the same thing also you can try disconnecting the battery (gently) and wait 30+min before reconnecting and then reflash factory file see if that makes it show upo if so try reflashing custom rom if that makes it dissapear something is off somewhere

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I have the same problem but the link that was posted is no longer available:
[ Worked thanks to giga! All you need to do is reformat with a partitioning program and follow his apps to sd instructions: http://www.slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=14085.0 ]

My Internal device storage of 256mb is working but the built in SD card that is mounted shows total space of 3.68 total space but yet I cannot download more than 256mb worth of data.

Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey Guys,
Try these steps if your still having problems. They might help out a bit.

[quote author=moonbase link=topic=15497.msg127028#msg127028 date=1295977153]
Yeah that bit can get kind of confusing. Here is what I did with the internal sd card.

1. Remove the back off the cruz (it pops off just like a cellphone)

2. Remove the internal sd card. (the little bracket for the sd card says lock and unlock on it)

3. Take the card and toss it in micro sd card reader

4. Download ubunutu www.ubuntu.com burn it to cd and then reboot your computer with the cd in.
(you may have to change your boot order. when your computer boots look for change boot order at the bottom of the screen it should ask you to hit F8 or something similar. Then select the cd/dvd rom where the ubuntu disc is)

5. When the cd boots it will ask if you want to install or try it, just choose try it. Also go ahead and plug in your micro sd card.

6. Once ubuntu is booted you'll need to go to administration from the menu along the top. Choose gparted and wait for it to open.

7. Once you're in gparted choose your sd card. (it should be something like /dev/sdb1 and should have the size of the card 3.69GB or something along those lines.)
MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE CORRECT DRIVE BECAUSE YOU COULD ACCIDENTALLY REFORMAT YOUR C: DRIVE

8. From the menu in gparted choose create new partition and create a partition of about 3gb and format it to "FAT32". It should then have roughly 1gb left that is unpartitioned. Select that and create another partition and format it to "FAT32" also

9. Once the card is formatted then just reboot your computer and reinsert the sd card into your cruz. Restart your cruz and follow the steps to run the app2sd.sh script again. Choose (1) to prepare the internal card and it should work this time.
[/quote]

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah, response is that you'll thank youself if you switch your main computer to Ubuntu, or at least dual boot to Ubuntu.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My sd card of my cruz ereader r103 is not mounting. Some please help me and please provide step on how to fix it. Thank You.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts