Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
TheXfactor2011
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was interested in how to create an intrid image. Basically I have compiled the 2.6.39 kernel and was wanting to make a boot img. I was looking at the following command

Code:
<br />
./mkbootimg --kernel zImage --ramdisk initrd.img-2.6.32-custom --cmdline "root=/dev/mmcblk2p1 rootdelay=5 [email protected] [email protected] vmalloc=192M video=tegrafb console=tty0,115200 fbcon=rotate:1 fbcon=font:VGA8x8 usbcore.old_scheme_first=1 cpuid=200102 devicetype=1002 btmac=9c5ed6131a00 tegraboot=nand mtdparts=tegra_nand:[email protected](misc),[email protected](recovery),[email protected](boot),[email protected](system),[email protected](cache),[email protected](bootbmp) ,[email protected](logodata)" -o boot.img<br />
I have the zImage and I know where I want the root to point to but I am not sure how to make the ramdisk. I know I can extract an existing on and modify it. If I am building the kernel I would think there would be a way to also create the initrd.img. I am just learning as I go. I have some knowledge in Linux development.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts