Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
AbigGRNboot,

Did you purchase the same cable that Gahrgamel and I did? If not, where did you get your cable from?

smithmal
I think it was the same one. I found it through the "largest internet retailer" by default since it's the only one the ship unless you get all kinds of adapters with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Saris,

I depends on what your USB charger's power output is. If it's less than 2A it will be slower, if it's more than it may be equal to or faster than the stock charger. Still waiting for my USB/barrel cable to arrive...

smithmal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Saris,

I depends on what your USB charger's power output is. If it's less than 2A it will be slower, if it's more than it may be equal to or faster than the stock charger. Still waiting for my USB/barrel cable to arrive...

smithmal
smithmal,
thanks for a quick reply. Please share your findings once the new cable will arrive to you

·
Registered
34 Posts
Be sure to stay away from this supplied charger with Chinese writing on it, and this part number LN-0500200-AW, DC 5V, 2A.
If I can figure out how to post a pic, I will put it up.
7 days after purchase, I have one dead Chuwi v88 and the other is stuck on 10%.
Trying to get ET (Eternal Team) to deal with this issue is like trying to pull my own teeth out.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Thanks for responding. I ordered the same cable as Gahrgamel from Amazon. If it turns out not to work then the cable will need to be re-wired with the appropriate barrel tip. I/we will update everyone on the compatibility of the amazon cable when it arrives. It would be great if someone could write up a procedures and/or provide a link on how to make a DIY USB cable with a barrel tip if it turns out a compatible cable isn't available for ordering.

smithmal
Finally got my cable in and it is charging fine using a USB charger plug. I've tried two chargers:

- A Powerline Dual 4.2A charger and a
- Generic 5V 2A charger that came with a Android TV stick I purchased (unfortunately no model information is present on the charger).

As stated earlier, these are short cables (1M) so if anyone finds a good 6' to 8' length USB to barrel cable, please let us know. I'm happy I can put these chargers to good use and I have an alternative if the crappy charger that Chuwi provided fails.

smithmal

·
Registered
35 Posts
you need charger which can supply at least 5.4V and 2A for proper charging so don't be surprised if your charger won't work or will take eternity to charge few percents if you have charger which is supplying only 5V and/or less than 2A

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't seen a charger rated at 5.4V. My original Chuwi charger was rated at 5V and 2A and died within 24 hours of getting the tablet. However the 5V 2A charger from an old USB hub provides a speedy charge as does a charger for an old Sonos iPod dock. So far, my generic 5V 2A charger with a USB to 2.5mm cable provides a slower recharge, but works well for overnight charging of the tablet.

Sent from my CW-V88-QUAD using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
17 Posts
Innergie Dual USB 15W Power Adapter mMini AC 15 - M-AC15

Today`s Special
New
Best Seller

Go

Click on Image to Enlarge
Product Image

79.00 MYR 69.00
Save: MYR 10.00 (12.66%)

SKU: 126066 -130681
Quantity:
Add To Cart

Review click to expand contents
Description click to collapse contents
Product Description

15W Dual USB Adapter

for iPad, iPod, iPhone, Blackberry, smart phone, tablet PC, mp3 player, eBook, GPS, and more

Features

Ultra Small & Lightweight

Turn every wall outlet into a USB power port for your portable devices. Its ultra compact size makes it an ideal travel partner, bringing you greater convenience than ever!

Fast Charging Dual USB for iPad & more

With special design USB power ports, it gives you the capability of charging all your standard USB devices with high power efficiency two at a time

Green Energy

Help save the planet! With extremely high power efficiency, you can reduce your energy costs and reduce your carbon footprint.

Multi Built-in Protection

Innergie products are safer than ever. Our built-in protection mechanisms provides advanced device protection so you never have to worry about unstable voltage anymore.

Great Compatibility

Charge thousands of most popular portable devices like iPad, iPod, iPhone, Blackberry, mobile phone, mp3 player, Bluetooth headset, game console, GPS, E-book, tablet PC, and more

Specifications

AC Input 100-240 Vac / 0.6A
USB Output 5V DC / 3A
Output Power 15W
Dimension (LxWxH) 43.3 x 42.3 x 23mm (1.7 x 1.6 x 0.9 inches)
Weight 50g (1.76 ounces)
Built-in Protections OCP, OVP, OTP, OPP, SCP

http://www.superbuy.my/shop/mobile/p-126066-innergie-dual-usb-15w-power-adapter-mmini-ac-15-m-ac15.asp

It works but now my only problem now is how to get to work with external battery

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
grabertj,

I'm getting a "404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable
" when clicking on your link. Could you fix it for us?

smithmal

·
Registered
34 Posts
grabertj,

I'm getting a "404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable
" when clicking on your link. Could you fix it for us?

smithmal
Insert only 'http://www.superbuy.my' then search for 'innergie'...then look at the the 3rd one:).

Question -> Will these combo work with the v88?

- http://dx.com/p/12w-mini-usb-power-charger-adapter-for-ipad-mini-white-eu-plug-174393
- http://dx.com/p/dc-2-5mm-plug-to-usb-charging-cable-for-tablet-pc-100cm-217276

·
Registered
34 Posts

Today`s Special
New
Best Seller

Go

Click on Image to Enlarge
Product Image

79.00 MYR 69.00
Save: MYR 10.00 (12.66%)

SKU: 126066 -130681
Quantity:
Add To Cart

Review click to expand contents
Description click to collapse contents
Product Description

15W Dual USB Adapter

for iPad, iPod, iPhone, Blackberry, smart phone, tablet PC, mp3 player, eBook, GPS, and more

Features

Ultra Small & Lightweight

Turn every wall outlet into a USB power port for your portable devices. Its ultra compact size makes it an ideal travel partner, bringing you greater convenience than ever!

Fast Charging Dual USB for iPad & more

With special design USB power ports, it gives you the capability of charging all your standard USB devices with high power efficiency two at a time

Green Energy

Help save the planet! With extremely high power efficiency, you can reduce your energy costs and reduce your carbon footprint.

Multi Built-in Protection

Innergie products are safer than ever. Our built-in protection mechanisms provides advanced device protection so you never have to worry about unstable voltage anymore.

Great Compatibility

Charge thousands of most popular portable devices like iPad, iPod, iPhone, Blackberry, mobile phone, mp3 player, Bluetooth headset, game console, GPS, E-book, tablet PC, and more

Specifications

AC Input 100-240 Vac / 0.6A
USB Output 5V DC / 3A
Output Power 15W
Dimension (LxWxH) 43.3 x 42.3 x 23mm (1.7 x 1.6 x 0.9 inches)
Weight 50g (1.76 ounces)
Built-in Protections OCP, OVP, OTP, OPP, SCP

http://www.superbuy.my/shop/mobile/p-126066-innergie-dual-usb-15w-power-adapter-mmini-ac-15-m-ac15.asp

It works but now my only problem now is how to get to work with external battery
What kind of external battery would you like to charge w/ it?

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
21 - 40 of 46 Posts