Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
[quote name='tdami;24857]Sorry its not possible' date=' the current CPU is soldered on to the bored. Is is is just a system on a chip.Sorry [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE'] When I took my rev. 7 apart the cpu and nand were on a board exactly like that. What do you mean?The cpu is soldered on, but to the daughter board not the motherboard.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
indeed, the board with the cpu sits in a slot just like the one you see in the picture.So, i guess it would be possible with a compatible cpu daughter board....

·
Registered
832 Posts
The problem here is that that processor would burn out the battery in 20 minutes under load. Also, there's no telling if the SOC is compatible.If you go here you will see many other options that would most likely be more compatible.I like this one because it would be a nice bump without having to add on another battery. Did notice that it only has 64MB of SDRAM not DDR. Only half of what we have now and at lower speed. I wonder if the speed of the processor would matter that much at that point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.