Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to have my wallpapers at a 1:1 sizing, that is; I don't want them to get cropped by android.

Problem is, when I download a wallpaper that is supposed to be the right resolution from any given site, on being asked to crop it, the aspect ratio of these papers is wrong (1280x1440).

So I always end up having to omit part of the picture.

Ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'd like to have my wallpapers at a 1:1 sizing, that is; I don't want them to get cropped by android.

Problem is, when I download a wallpaper that is supposed to be the right resolution from any given site, on being asked to crop it, the aspect ratio of these papers is wrong (1280x1440).

So I always end up having to omit part of the picture.

Ideas?

Thanks!
Figured it out, despite what any other sources say, 1840x1280 is the correct size. This provides a 1:1 pixel-to-pixel representation of the original image with no cropping at all. At least at my DPI at this res

Here's a handy photoshop template I made...

http://localhostr.com/files/2sugpk9/1280x800160dpitemplate.psd

Remember to fill the crop tool all the way with gallery when setting a template with it. The lines don't all align with the crop tool but if you set the template as your wallpaper and scroll left to right at either rotation, you'll see it all lines up and there's no distortion of the horizontal pixels

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks man I been trying to figure this out for a while now. Since it's 1280x800 horizontal it should be 800x1280 in the vertical. Meaning a 1280x1280 should be perfect since it will fit the max height or max width. However that doesn't seem to be the case. I think this is a android problem in weird cropping. Also I suggest saving it as a png file rather than jpg. It saves a lot cleaner with more detail that way. Gradients usually have lines rather than being smooth with jpg.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went a different route. I made my background static so that it didn't move when I changed screens. Then I used a graph paper background to see exactly how much screen I could see. I made a template so that any wallpaper I wanted I would re-size to fit the template opening. This works good for HD wallpapers where you want to see the entire wallpaper. One thing when you turn to portrait mode there are black bands on top and bottom. This doesn't affect anything much since I use my tablet Landscape mode and only turn it when a particular app requires it. And then I don't need a background the app is running. This my not be good for everyone but it is working for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
For this you have to edit your wallpaper with paint application and resize it to 1200x1200.
Your wallpaper will be 1:1 and it will not be cropped by android.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts