Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I have a 128 character long WPA2 key for my home wifi network. Is there a way on the novel to copy paste it from the SD card while setting up Wifi? It is extremely painful to type each character 1 by 1 and usually gives an error!Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I think you should post a video of you entering it. That would amuse me.I don't know of a way to copy and paste keys. You might try a shorter key?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I would imagine one of the file explorer apps supports opening text files, or you can find an app that does. Android itself does support copy/paste, but you need to find a way to open a text file on the phone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. So I basically need to first hack my novel to install apps then maybe I can do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
create a file on the PC using notepad called wpa_supplicant.txt
Code:
ctrl_interface=data/system/wpa_supplicant update_config=1network={    ssid="SSID1"    priority=1    psk="non-hex password"}
If you are using a HEX-key rather than a passphrase, remove the double-quotes from around the password ...then I use "adb push" to push that file to the PDN ...
Code:
adb rootadb remountadb push wpa_supplicant.txt /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf adb shell chmod 660 /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf adb shell chown system.wifi /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf adb shell syncadb reboot
(I use a batch file to do this, so I don't have to remember how
)PS: I have found that the PDN fails to connect to my WPA2-PSK using a HEX key, but works fine if I use the equivalent passphrase.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When i try the above, it says, when i try to adb root, it says already in root. and when i try to push the supplicant is says,.. "failed to copy... read only file system."I can't even make folders in my root director,. it is ALL protected, and everything i do or try to root the device, says, ITS ALREADY BEEN ROOTED!!!throw me a bone somebody!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. I will save this for the next time I have to reformat and reinstall. For this time, I entered the 128 character key manually and did a show password so I could double check it was right. Got the Wifi working and also did the ugly market hack to get market working

1 - 9 of 9 Posts