Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this error in the past and reformatting the sdcard used to do the trick. But now I have reformatted a few times but still get the error:minzip: Map of '/sdcard/' failedE:Can't open /sdcard/I have roebeets 8/6 moded firmware and am trying to updat to the 8/20 version.Any ideas?Thanks.

·
Registered
338 Posts
you're not alone, coloreddust.IMHO we have buggy/crippled USB (?) storage driver that starts with all sorts of warnings of "Damaged SD card", "Blank SD card", etc., at every boot. Which means if you try to upgrade from the ROM at this card, you may fail 3 times out of four. Like I did.All my cards were formatted in the PDN, it doesn't really matter.What matters is try to find an old card of 512, better 256, or even better 128 MB. Another trick I've read about is partition your 1 GB or more card with FAT32 of 128 MB size and the rest of whatever unreadable by PDN at your level of upgrade (meaning: you haven't partitioned your internal card to FAT32 plus ext2 yet)I believe geebekazoo suggested another trick: hold "Back" and "ON/OFF" much longer, wait maybe 20 seconds, or even more, so the FW burning bar starts -- at last. The theory behind it is a normal SD reading utility starts a tidbit later after the boot, so just wait for it to kick in.We need a firmware burning PC utility before these silly flimsy buttons will wear down and out completely.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried formatting in PDN and putting zip on the internal SD. Internal SD would never pick up the update. Tried holding the buttons for the entire boot sequence, but no luck (I just happen to always do this). I was able to get the android error (android with exclamation) by deleting the recovery.log each time. But it would never successfully load the firmware. I am hesitant to try a stock firmware because I pretty much have the PDN working great the 8/6 market etc. Just wanted to keep updated, in case anything is improved.Thanks for the suggestions, I think I will try and find another SD card, just in case.

·
Registered
592 Posts
did you try putting the image on the internal card and removing the external one? I've had issues flashing when the external card is present.

·
Registered
338 Posts
derelicte;49796 said:
did you try putting the image on the internal card and removing the external one? I've had issues flashing when the external card is present.
You sound like you did it, and successfully, right? What is the safest (I mean, with the safe rollback) procedure to do that? Thank you, and you need to put this trick right to the stickies/FAQ.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have learned to only use the internal card and remove the external card for upgrading. try downloading the real (i.e. from pd) 8-20 firmware, remove the other card and try it again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did remove the external and try the internal but could not get it to load e.g. no android upgrade screen it just booted normally while holding the buttons. I Will try again incase I did something wrong in my frustration. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Are you using an HC card (i.e., larger than 2gbs)? I had same problem and it went away when I used an old 1gb sd card to load the firmware. It seems the bootloader doesn't like HD cards.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts