Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
In fact, the contacts on Android originate from gmail in the first place. That existed before Google even did any phonecall related stuff
(yes, I'd like some contact app suggestions too..)

·
Registered
40 Posts
[quote name='geniouslin;18736]I am a bit confused: I thought that you cannot make calls on it? if so' date=' what's the pupose of having a contacts app?[/QUOTE']For example, i would like to sync my contacts from my Hero via Google, and use the aPad with WebSMS for sending free SMS. Thats way more comfortable with the big screen and keyboard.

·
Registered
142 Posts
[quote name='geniouslin;18736]I am a bit confused: I thought that you cannot make calls on it? if so' date=' what's the pupose of having a contacts app?[/QUOTE'] Ever heard of sipdroid or Fring. The contacts app can be very useful for sip calls

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes me to i'm receiving my mail from my google account but where are all the contacts i have in google gmail ? is there a way to import or have it ?Because when i compose a new mail into gmail.apk i never have a contact list :-(

·
Registered
101 Posts
I did some digging and found that everything that's needed is on the apad, except the contacts apparently itself. All contact information is properly synced in it's database.So I just set up a 1.5 Android Emulator and pulled the Contacts.apk, tried it and it works just fine. Of course there's useless stuff like Call History in there too but who cares ;-)Contacts.apk is attached. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Yes, i loaded the contacts.apk from the emulator to my Apad, but it installs fine, and never shows up in the sidepanel and i cant make shortcuts to it, it becomes invisible except to uninstall it.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
[quote name='Hakaider;18846]For example' date=' i would like to sync my contacts from my Hero via Google, and use the aPad with WebSMS for sending free SMS. Thats way more comfortable with the big screen and keyboard.[/QUOTE'] Where do you get this WebSMS service? There are several ones with that name but most are not free it seems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.