Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Based on the thread/Idea started by "Clockworx" on Consolidated Installer for applying all hacks (so far) on PDN in oneshot. So just as a Starting point , I wrote a very simple basic script to do this consolidation work. I uploaded a package "ConsolidatedHacks.7z" (in zip format) at :Consolidated - Folder Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

In this package there is a batch script "FullInstall.bat" which does: (Asks for User input to do the hack or not)

1) Install Volume hack
2) Install google experience hack
3) Root enable hack
4) Android Id hack for enabling Android Market
5) Install user apps (whatever apps user puts in the folder named "userapps")

** This idea belongs to "clockworx", so credit goes to him !!!

Uploaded again the package it is now available at :MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

·
Registered
23 Posts
enjoys1 said:
Based on the thread/Idea started by "Clockworx" on Consolidated Installer for applying all hacks (so far) on PDN in oneshot. So just as a Starting point , I wrote a very simple basic script to do this consolidation work. I uploaded a package "ConsolidatedHacks.7z" (in zip format) at :Consolidated - Folder Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

In this package there is a batch script "FullInstall.bat" which does: (Asks for User input to do the hack or not)

1) Install Volume hack
2) Install google experience hack
3) Root enable hack
4) Android Id hack for enabling Android Market
5) Install user apps (whatever apps user puts in the folder named "userapps")

** This idea belongs to "clockworx", so credit goes to him !!!

Uploaded again the package it is now available at :MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
How about your wifi hack we've been discussing in another thread? It may not work for me, but no one else has issues with it. I say include it and give the user the option to perform the hack or not.

·
Registered
125 Posts
olddognutrx said:
How about your wifi hack we've been discussing in another thread? It may not work for me but no one else has issues with it. I say include it and give the user the option to perform the hack or not.
I haven't added that, but yes we could give user an option. This script is just a starting point for anyone who want/could make it better. I'm not good in bat file scripting.

·
Registered
135 Posts
First, thanks for making this available to everyone! Two trivial questions: (a) You said that

enjoys1 said:
In this package there is a batch script "FullInstall.bat" which does: (Asks for User input to do the hack or not) [a list of five things]
I assume that the users get to answer Y/N for EACH of these five things? I already performed steps 1 & 3 (volume hack a la Nate the great, root hack a la derelicte), and I don't know what would happen if I do these again.

(b.) After I un-7zipped your file I ended up with a folder (ConsolidatedHacks) with 4 files and two subfolders. Presumably I should first move these six items back to the same directory as the ADB toolchains before I run the bat file? (I'm not a window person so forgive my ignorance).

MANY THANKS!

·
Registered
125 Posts
hello-world said:
First, thanks for making this available to everyone! Two trivial questions: (a) You said that

enjoys1 said:
In this package there is a batch script "FullInstall.bat" which does: (Asks for User input to do the hack or not) [a list of five things]
I assume that the users get to answer Y/N for EACH of these five things? I already performed steps 1 & 3 (volume hack a la Nate the great, root hack a la derelicte), and I don't know what would happen if I do these again.

(b.) After I un-7zipped your file I ended up with a folder (ConsolidatedHacks) with 4 files and two subfolders. Presumably I should first move these six items back to the same directory as the ADB toolchains before I run the bat file? (I'm not a window person so forgive my ignorance).

MANY THANKS!
a) Yes it will ask user for Y/N for these tasks. I also have to check what will happen if we do it again.

b.) Good point, Yes you have to move content of this folder in the dir where you have adb toolchains.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Thanks for doing this for me. I'm still bashful about batching for the masses - rather someone else do the trial and error... :p

Clockworkx - welcome to open source. Your place in PDN history may someday be anonymous, but think about the poor guy who invented sliced bread... you'll fall in that category. I'm most amused by how much I see all of this at OTHER SITES, without attribution.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
hello-world said:
I am aware as Nate the great stated clearly in his post, that the hacks in the Beginners guide were due mostly to meth & clockworx. It was a slip of the keyboard on my part. Deep apology.
No apology needed, I wasn't actually upset AT you, just more the ongoing way that things went and/or have been going as indicated by my other links.

·
Registered
125 Posts
clockworx said:
No apology needed I wasn't actually upset AT you, just more the ongoing way that things went and/or have been going as indicated by my other links.
clockworx, Are u upset at the bat script I put together, but if you see my 1st post I gave full credit to you Only. If I have done anything wrong, I apologize.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.