Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, We've grown by leaps and bounds since those early days. I was thinking of putting my very crappy DOS skills to work to make a consolidated installer script. The idea is to step through the process of installing all current hacks, with a simple Y/N (as in "Do you want to install _____?" over and over)Current items I can think ofHACKSVol Hack (Should this even be optional? Is anyone running hacked w/o it?)"Nook Enabler" hack - remove PD's libpdf if someone wants to install Nook (which breaks PD Reader)Root Enabler hackINSTALLSHome Screens? - PLEASE add suggestions - Stock, Launcher Pro, (Is Panda any good? I haven't used it)Google Experience (and I might even fix youtube
)SetCPUUgly Market Hack if possibleI don't want to bog it down with every app under the sun, so please only suggest stuff that has really wide appeal. And, of course, please suggest anything blindingly obvious that I missed.Please DO NOT add development suggestions like "I wish my novel could do this and this and this". Only stuff that is currently implemented via various hacks and SW

·
Registered
666 Posts
Way to grab the ball and run with it. ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
I would add AppInstaller and Quick Uninstaller. These are basic tools that make installing apps outside of one of the markets much easier. Other things to consider might be Panda firewall, antivirus, and Titanium Backup (or any other firewall/antivirus/backup program that might be better. Home Switcher would also be a nice touch.I'm not looking to bloat your package but I view these as essential tools that all user would probably want.As to your question re: Panda Home, I have used it and it's an OK home screen. It has drawers on the sides of the screen where you can park app links.

·
Registered
666 Posts
On the processes that reboot the device, I know the vol key hack does for me, maybe add a timer so you can't jump past the pause before a novel would take to reboot and reenter debug. Unless all can be applied without rebooting.My list:system mods volkey modapks panda home apps installer

·
Registered
666 Posts
Possibly add a prompt for androidId. I believe it can be changed from shell and not require a file replacement.I know eventually I'll get mine from the emulator and have to replace it each time I restore.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also you guys are suggesting stuff that is already in the OP. Root enabler is there, and androidId is part of the "ugly market hack" which I figured people might know it better by.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nchntrman;26489 said:
Possibly add a prompt for androidId. I believe it can be changed from shell and not require a file replacement.I know eventually I'll get mine from the emulator and have to replace it each time I restore.
I think I will have to package in a "blank" gls.db, update it using sqlite3.exe in windows, and then push it over to the device. I have no idea why sqlite in the adb shell doesn't work for so many people, but it seems like a fairly widespread issue.

·
Registered
666 Posts
More ideas.. Don't see them listed.An option to backup /data at start.then User selects: userdata clear, userdata restoreuser flashes firmwareinstaller continues then restores userdata (if selected)Maybe add davick-cache flush if necessary.

·
Registered
666 Posts
How about a user apk folder? The installer could install all apks in that folder. (sorry about all the repeat posts, can't edit to add)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote name='nchntrman;26522]How about a user apk folder? The installer could install all apks in that folder. (sorry about all the repeat posts' date=' can't edit to add)[/QUOTE'] THAT is so obvious and yet I forgot it. Great idea!

·
Registered
38 Posts
facebook and twitterastro filemansmart bar is a must. theres an option where you an put a "home" button and "exit application" in the notification bar.2.1 gallery for deskclock to workdeskclock is a must although a fix is needed for the date error. it's showing salutations instead of the date.ey clockworx, any chance you have some links so i can read up on how to edit the deafault launcher? im sure the orientation fix is somewhere there.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.