Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering who else besides me it connecting their PDN to a Linux computer (I'm using Ubuntu Lucid). I have a shell script for doing the volume hack, rooting, installing apks (including Google Experience), etc., after the update is done. If there is interest, I'll post my stuff for all to use. I will be updating it as soon as the next firmware release is made available and I have a chance to test it on my PDN. You do need to install the Android SDK (to get adb) to use the script, but that is simple.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
go ahead and post this. allows us a complete knowledge base. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I use Lucid x64 as my main rig. I have a mis-mosh of docs right now, which I yet to clean up. So, any scripts better than mine are appreciated!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had no special issues with the Novel, aside from knowing what path the Android dev kit files are, but sometimes "you don't know what you don't know" until someone else posts good how-to's on getting things done.The android market mod was a bit of a struggle, but once I retrieved a working android ID I saved it for future needs, or re-loading mods after a firmware updateif you haven't added/don't wish to add the path in ubuntu the bashrc files, the essential issue I've seen is that you must use the "absolute" path when running the adb commands under a linux shell, but otherwise the windows howto's work pretty well.That said, I'd welcome linux-centric postings, because I'm still prone to commandline syntax and usage errors, as I'm not as familar with android yet at this stage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm willing to be a guinea pig for the shell script(s) and can adapt them for the Mac, cpetterborg. I was considering doing something like that for my own use when I grabbed enjoys1's consolidated to take a look at how it was set up. I'm hoping some of the more dev-oriented folks in here can shed some light on the boot sequence and what can be removed from the tablet while still retaining basic functionality. I'm not going to be using this thing for email, calendar, or contacts (that's all on my iPhone) so I'd like to ditch a lot of that clutter.I will say, it's certainly a lot easier to do stuff with the Android SDK compared to the ROM flashing hoops you have to go through with WinMo.=V=

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just wrote a README tonight on the initial setup with Lucid. It goes from Formatting an SD card and flashing the PDN with the latest firmware through the volume button tweak and panda install. It's ... verbose. If someone's interested it might be a good start. Should I just cut & paste it in here or post it somewhere or ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.