Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[quote name='manishgour;24842]Is there any way to connect usb devices to the PD Novel like a usb microphone' date=' usb webcam etc?[/QUOTE']Unless someone comes in to correct me, I'm going to say "no". I don't believe this build has USB Host enabled. I attempted to hook up a keyboard with an OTG USB cable and got nowhere.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I tried to hook up a bt dongle, but that didn't work either.the cpu has two usb ports - one is a host and the other is otg. I'm guessing the wifi adapter is connected to the host port and the external usb port is the otg one. therefore with the correct driver it should work...

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
The Eken tablets you can hook up a keyboard and mouse. There should be a way to do it with these also unless the drivers were removed from Android.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I, too, would like to be able to use my bluetooth dongle; my hearing aids are bluetooth compatible and I wish that I could pair the streamer to the Novel...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had posted a similiar question relating to the SD port. I couldn't find any mention of whether the SD port supported SDIO which would allow to add BT and/or GPS via the SD.If you were to add USB devices to the device, I guess you would need a mini to standard USB adapters, I haven't seen any dongels that use the mini USB plug.

·
Registered
666 Posts
IDK How relavent this is but... When I hacked my Nokia770 there is a mod that allowed the installed debian linux change the mode of the onboard USB chip from device to Host mode. This mode entailed putting the device into Debug Mode and running a "patch" script. After doing this it would no longer work as device mode unless the process was reversed. This process also required a PC running Windows. Since this was a USB device chip, the designers never allowed for power for the chips internally. They were actually powered by the USB Host it was attached to. In order to use then n770 USB port as a device, you need to use a special cable. This was one which is normally used for an External 2.5" USB Harddrive (the one with 2 usb plugs one for power and another for data). This allowed you to apply an external USB power and allow the chips to work as well as the device attached. So I will say, it IS possible given the right circumstances, I.E. we can change the USB mode with software, and get power to the chips (if required).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts