Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a Tablet (MID 1.9_88) that looks just like an Eken M001. The supplied "User Manual" describes the features of an earlier version and its (Chinese) English has defeated me.I quote the supplied instructions for making a USB Connection:1. Make the transfer box connected to the USB interface of the devices and then plug in the USB cable into the USB interface of the transfer box and connect the USB interface of the computer;2. Tap MENU -> Notification -> USB connected;3. Tap "Mount" after pop-up boxes;4. Now the device has been connected with the computer...1. and 3. are somewhat obscure; 2. does not work. When tapping MENU->Notification, the screen says:AndroidNo NotificationsAll advice/suggestions will be gratefully received.felixk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi Felix,You're running Android on the M001, right? This forum is actually for people running Debian on the M001 itself, so you might get a more useful response in the other forums.From my brief experience in Android, my M001 emulates a USB Mass Storage device, and the one time I connected a cable to it it just showed up as such on my Ubuntu desktop. I don't think I had to do anything at all special.Do you get any dmesg output on your PC when you connect the tablet? It might be worth trying a different cable if you can get hold of another USB iPod/iPhone cable.Build quality with these tablets is iffy at best, so if that doesn't work then my money would be on a physical fault rather than a Windows driver requirement.Hth. - Angus

1 - 2 of 2 Posts